Our client is looking to recruit a Data Engineering Manager in Malta. While Managing a team of highly technical and advanced professionals you will form part of the Data Engineering team.
Responsibilities would include
- Re-architecting and design improvements of the current data engineering ecosystem by using BI platform to comprise the data ingestion processes, the data lake, and the data warehouse
- Managing, motivating and mentoring the team to ensure succession planning and career guidance for the respective team members
- Drive technical architecture and documentation standards, policies and quality assurance procedures
- Organizing and implementing technical leadership to other members of the team on application design and development
- Following the project work plans to meet functionality requirements, project objectives and timelines
- Assisting in the diagnosis and resolution of issues by liaising with other members of the team and other personnel within the organisation
- Proposing enhancements to existing processes by liaising with Technical Architects to introduce new technologies which facilitate the BI and development process
- Rendering support for project management tasks through planning, reporting and adherence to established processes/procedures
- Undertaking any other related tasks as directed by superiors.