Melita Ltd in Malta is looking to recruit a BI Operations Engineer to join their team within their BI Team on a full-time basis. Our BI team brings crucial analytics to Melita in gaining a competitive advantage in the market.
You will be responsible for:
- Monitor critical data pipelines and DWH processing;
- Maintain data pipeline statistics and record identified issues;
- Perform root cause analysis and resolve or escalate to the second level as necessary;
- Monitor existing data quality rules, recommend and implement additional data quality rules;
- Monitor DWH platforms and conduct preventative maintenance;
- Closely coordinate with data source owners and platform teams to maintain operational stability;
- Automate and coordinate operational tasks.
At Melita, we help people stay connected with the most technologically advanced telecommunication services around. We started back in 1992, and today we set the standard for digital technologies in Malta, providing services to more than 75% of Maltese households and an ever-growing number of businesses. As our name suggests, we’re rooted in Malta, but with international shareholders and operations in Italy and Germany, we have an outlook that goes beyond Maltese shores, an outlook that’s reflected in our culture and our team.
- Strong analytical skills applied at root cause analysis and issue resolution;
- Good communication skills;
- A continuous improvement mindset;
- Preferably a good understanding of data models and associated best practices;
- Experience with data warehouses processing large volumes of data and ingesting diverse data sources;
- Experience with SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, PowerBI, Excel;
- Basic Microsoft SQL Server administration;
- Very good SQL knowledge;
- Preferably knowledge of Google Big Query, Google Cloud Dataflow;
- Issue tracking software experience - for Incident and Problem management (such as JIRA).