Melita Ltd in Malta is looking to recruit a BI Developer to join their team on a full-time basis. As a BI Developer, you will bring crucial analytics to Melita in gaining a competitive advantage in the market.
Are you looking to work with large sets of data within a dynamic team that builds reports, dashboards, and analytic solutions?
You will be required to:
- Aggregate large sets of data from heterogeneous sources into a data warehouse that is used extensively across the organization;
- Create high-quality datasets for business analysts’ consumption;
- Author reports for operational use;
- Extend the data warehouse model with additional dimensions and facts;
- Integrate new data sources;
- Closely work with the BI operations team to rectify identified issues;
- Recommend improvements, participate in daily stand-ups, and assist in task planning.
At Melita, we help people stay connected with the most technologically advanced telecommunication services around. We started back in 1992, and today we set the standard for digital technologies in Malta, providing services to more than 75% of Maltese households and an ever-growing number of businesses. As our name suggests, we’re rooted in Malta, but with international shareholders and operations in Italy and Germany, we have an outlook that goes beyond Maltese shores, an outlook that’s reflected in our culture and our team.
- 5 years’ experience in a similar role, relevant degree (preferably in Computer Science or BigData);
- Excellent SQL knowledge;
- Very good ETL and ELT knowledge (such as Microsoft SSIS, Microsoft Polybase, Google Cloud Dataflow);
- Very good understanding of data models and associated best practices;
- Experience with Microsoft SSRS, SSAS, PowerBI, Excel;
- Preferably experience with cloud columnar databases (such as Google BigQuery);
- Basic Microsoft SQL server administration knowledge;
- Experience with data quality techniques and best practices;
- Use of Project tracking software (such as JIRA);
- A collaborative approach and worked in Agile teams;
- A continuous improvement mind-set.