Job vacancy: Assistant GIS Development
Jobsplus Permit No. 280/2021
Duties and areas of responsibilities:
The job incumbent is expected to undertake the following duties amongst others:
Successful candidates must be in possession of the following:
- Assist systems analysis and database design for geographic datasets and related information.
- Assist business analysis and feasibility studies for GIS.
- Assisting in the development of GIS to meet the requirements of the organisation whilst ensuring compatibility with and between different datasets and software packages within the Authority.
- Assist development of geographic datasets and analysis of datasets using relevant systems.
- Assist training Authority staff in the utilisation of GIS technology and its correlation with other datasets.
- GIS and related quality management and control.
- Assisting in managing and maintaining geographic information within the Authority.
- Maintaining appropriate internal and external customer service for geographical information.
First degree (or similar post-graduate qualifications) in GIS, Geography, ICT, or similar graduate or post-graduate qualifications.
Experience in spatial aspects of GIS dataset management will be considered an asset.
Interpersonal and teamwork skills.
*Candidates are to present scanned copies of all qualifications with their application together with any local equivalence evaluation, which documentation is issued by the National Commission for Further and Higher Education (NCFHE) in case of foreign certificates (excluding Ordinary and Advanced Levels) and certificates which are not issued by MCAST or the University of Malta.
*The above post is for an indefinite period. Interested candidates are advised to submit their application, together with a detailed curriculum vitae in pdf format by not later than Sunday, 26th September 2021.
The Planning Authority (PA) is the national agency responsible for implementing a holistic integrated planning system that ensures the sustainable management of land and sea resources together with the protection of the environment and our cultural heritage. The Authority offers a diverse range of career opportunities within a large organisation and provides exciting possibilities for the right candidates to give a valid contribution toward the future growth of the country.