Environment Resources Authority is currently looking to recruit an Assistant Environment Protection Officer (Statistics/Maths/Economics).
Job details: The main duties and responsibilities include:
• The Officer shall be responsible to assist in the development of Environmental Policy and related data management reporting, obligations and contribute to the overall aim of environmental protection, conservation, management and improvement;
• Assist in the preparation, interpretation, development and auditing of environmental policy instruments and related data management and reporting aspects;
• Assist in the development and application of tools and mechanisms for effective environmental policy data management and reporting, including GIS-based systems for analysis of relevant environmental issues and other required regulatory outputs;
• Develop specific, measurable, achievable, realistic and time related (SMART) indicators and tools to assess the driving forces, pressures of threats, states, impacts and responses (DPSIR) in relation to the relevant environmental aspects;
• Produce, plot and/or digitize geodata contributing to the setting up of a GIS-based system incorporating the main relevant aspects required for the appropriate implementation of a coherent data management system in line with environmental policy, allowing for relevant analyses, assessments and reporting;
• Assess reporting templates and enquiries, determine data, information and knowledge requirements, and liaise with relevant internal or external parties, where applicable, and through appropriate channels to gather such requirements;
• Assist in the Management of development reports aimed at assessing the status of the environment, the appropriate implementation of environmental policy, abiding with reporting obligations, deadlines, and commitments, and to assist in the continuous development and auditing of environmental policy in liaison with other Authority employees and relevant competent authorities and third parties as required;
• Analyze, report and present outcomes of environmental enquiries in a robust, honest, structured and technically-justified manner to inform and explain the basis of decisions and recommendations in relation to technical enquiries on data and environmental policy;
• Report the outcome of environmental permits, including recommended actions and suggested conditions to enable follow-up and coordination of other regulatory functions to the Authority;
• Ensure the appropriate follow-up, screening, monitoring and auditing of national and international policy for its impact on relevant matters pertinent to policy developed by or relevant to the Authority functions, and advice on implications and need for revisions, where applicable; and
• Provide advice, develop and coordinate the implementation of appropriate mechanisms, procedures and practices for the development, monitoring, assessment, quality control and auditing of policy developed by or relevant to the Authority’s functions and related measures, in liaison with other employees and Directorates and relevant competent authorities and third parties.
Job entry requirements:
1. Qualifications: A minimum Bachelors Degree (MQF Level 6) with a minimum total of 180 ECTS credits in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics or comparable qualification as recognized by MFHEA; or Alternatively in case of no first Degree, a Masters Degree (MQF Level 7) with a minimum total of 90 ECTS credits in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics or comparable qualification as recognized by MFHEA
2. Skills and Attributes: Interpersonal, Assertiveness, Communication, Methodologic, Reliability and Trustworthiness, Integrity, Collaborative attitude and a Team Player.
Kindly quote Jobsplus Permit No: 34/2023
To apply: Interested candidates are advised to submit their application, together with a detailed curriculum vitae and a copy of their qualifications by noon of Monday, 26th February, 2024 (CET); via https://era.org.mt/careers/