As a Sales and Customer Officer in the insurance industry, you will be responsible for interacting with customers and effectively responding to their sales and customer service requirements whether these are made face-to-face, by telephone or through electronic mail
- Providing product information to clients and responding to their queries.
- Promoting new products
- Providing advice to the client with regards to the impacts of alterations to existing policies
- Providing quotations for a new policy and completion of necessary paperwork if a sale is concluded
- Administers a policy’s process as appropriate with regards to surrenders, maturities, payment of death benefits, revised Estimate Maturity Values, top-ups, switches, valuations of Unit Linked policies, payment of premiums.
- Handling all calls and electronic mails from clients.
- Handling of customer complaints received at Regional Offices and seeking resolution thereof; referring unresolved complaints internally through the established channels.
- Processing of customer requests by amending the customer/policy records accordingly, issuing and sending the appropriate paperwork.
- Servicing customer enquiries on the phone and by email, in a similar way to walk-in customers.
- Verifying the identity of the customer in accordance with the procedure on customer identification and logging all calls in a call centre database
- Actively follow up with clients of maturing policies with a view to attracting reinvestments.
- Assist with work related to receipt and process payment from walk-in customers.
- Carrying out end-of-day reconciliation of cash and cheques received at Regional Office.
- Other duties as assigned from internal reports.
Experience & Skills
- Background in an insurance technical environment
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Tools/Applications
- Good negotiation skills
- Strong Communication Skills – verbal and written in both Maltese and English
- Strong Analytical Skills
- Preference will be given to applicants who attained a CII qualification (minimum Dip CII) or who are in advanced progress towards achieving such a qualification
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance and as part of a team.
- Currently living in Malta