PTL Limited is looking to recruit an IT Technical Support Officer (Service Desk)
to join their team within the company’s Service Desk on a full-time basis. Based in Malta and reporting to the Head of Customer Success, the TSO acts as the customer’s first point of contact in support cases.
The candidate must perform multiple functions effectively and simultaneously. Duties may vary, however, core responsibilities include the following:
- Manage Support Requests – A significant responsibility of the role is to manage support requests that originate through a range of channels, such as email, chat, and telephone; The TSO is accountable for gathering information through customer interactions, log and classify, investigate and attempt to resolve the case with immediate effect. Issues outside the scope of their capability or responsibility are escalated to other experts, vendors, and specialists and followed up to ensure the highest level of service;
- Resolve Technical Issues – TSOs must resolve technical issues remotely with their primary focus being customer satisfaction and fast turnarounds;
- Manage Service Documentation – TSOs maintain comprehensive records of service requests and knowledgebase articles to assist in the future resolution of issues.
- Technical expertise – playing a direct role in solving customer queries or issues, a wide range of technical know-how/experience is required;
- Problem-resolving abilities – being problem-solvers, TSOs possess a logical mindset able to devise technical and original solutions to customer’s problems;
- Communication – operational message is key in this role since TSOs are required to collect data about issues, prepare comprehensive notes and reports, and walk users through the stages they can take to fix technical problems;
- Time administration – TSOs must possess advanced time management skills, being able to prioritise and multi-task when covering multiple issues;
- Team player – TSOs routinely work with other team members, colleagues, and suppliers to resolve user issues.
- Quality & Customer Obsessed – TSOs' main goal is to ensure a high level of customer experience and satisfaction. Although fast turnaround is instrumental in achieving this goal, the TSO is able to balance speed without compromising the quality of service;
- Applicants with specialised certifications, such as CompTIA, ITIL, and MCSA (office 365) will be given preference. Although the use of Maltese is preferred, a Level of C1,2 is required in Understanding, Writing, and Speaking in English.
*A remuneration package commensurate to the applicant's experience and ability to display aptitude shall be offered to the right candidate. Additional benefits include Health Insurance, free on-site parking facilities, scholastic sponsorships, and the opportunity to obtain industry certifications.
PTL specialises in IT and security for business and is heavily engaged in the banking, retail, and hospitality sectors, and offers services for accounting purposes and infrastructure needs. With offices in Malta and in Dubai, besides partner offices in Tripoli and Benghazi, PTL has access to channel partners in Egypt, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Oman, Kuwait, and the United Arab Emirates.