HSBC Global Services (UK) Ltd in Malta is looking to recruit a Contact Centre Generalist
to join their team on a full-time basis.
Some careers shine brighter than others:
If you’re looking for a career where you will be respected as an individual and valued for the contributions you make, join HSBC and discover how diversity drives our success. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support, and rewards that will take you further. With over 20 different nationalities working in our HSBC contact centre, we are committed to creating a truly diverse working environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our Contact Centre Business also plays a central role in maintaining our reputation as a leader in banking. The Operation serves as a vital channel in ensuring successful business development while addressing through both inbound and outbound communication channels. The value of our Contact Centre Business continues to grow as it cultivates collaboration and improved financial services provision across a broad range of our business areas. We are currently looking for dedicated and enthusiastic professionals to join our Customer Service teams. Banking and Contact Centre experience are not essential. What we’re really interested in is a genuine passion for going above-and-beyond for our customers through social media platforms, emails, and phone calls – everything else we can teach you!
What we will offer you:
In this role, you will be:
- Discretionary bonus scheme with a competitive base salary starting salary EUR 17,500;
- Market-leading training and development program leading to excellent Career Progression opportunities;
- Attractive benefits packages such as Medical insurance coverage for employee and for additional dependents, preferential rates on lending facilities, and HSBC global share options;
- Additional significant life event leave (e.g. marriage, maternity & paternity) that takes care of your well-being;
- Childcare subsidy costs up to €350 every quarter per employee and Summer school subsidy covering costs of up to €200 per employee;
- 4 – 5 day working shift patterns with mostly 40hour shifts and some part-time opportunity for (20 & 30 hours);
- An onsite Cafeteria catering to multiple cuisines, confectionery store;
- Opportunity to get involved in social and sports activities;
- Rewards and Recognition for your success and contribution to the team;
- Great team environment and progressive career advancement opportunities;
- Various HSBC leave policies that allow you to rest, recuperate and balance personal and family commitments;
- A comprehensive list of 3rd party staff discounts - Wellness packages, eateries, loyalty cards, and many more.
To be successful in this role, you will need the following requirements:
- Working in a Contact Centre environment handling multiple customer inquiries via calls and through social media channels for various business areas;
- Providing high-quality service to achieve maximum customer satisfaction by resolving the customer query at first contact where possible;
- Listening to the customer and establishing their needs to offer relevant products, services, and solutions leaving Customer fully in control;
- Taking ownership and initiative to complete necessary research and customer follow up or direct the customer to the appropriate department for resolution;
- Responsible for achieving individual key performance indicators and development whilst adhering to appropriate operational risk control and compliance in all activities;
- Advising, communicating, empathizing, resolving conflict, and responding sensitively to clients.
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC:
- Demonstrate an ability to acknowledge emotions and requests effectively, and ask appropriate probing questions;
- Be concise and clear in written and spoken communication;
- Apply basic and numerical reasoning when handling customer enquiries;
- Own issues to completion and a willingness to help others;
- Flexibility to work on shift duties (including weekends and public holidays);
- Excellent command of English, both written and spoken;
- Outstanding customer-serving manner, communication, and problem-solving skills;
- Computer literate and the ability to Multi-task, such as answering, typing, and toggling through different screens while assisting customers on the call.
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
Submitting your application:
You can submit your application by completing the application form (PDF) electronically.
HSBC Global Services (UK) Ltd:
HSBC is one of the world’s largest banking and financial services organisations. We serve around 38 million customers through four global businesses: Retail Banking and Wealth Management, Commercial Banking, Global Banking and Markets, and Global Private Banking. Our network covers 67 countries and territories in Europe, Asia, the Middle East and Africa, North America and Latin America. With around 3,900 offices worldwide, we aim to be where the growth is, connecting customers to opportunities, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper, and ultimately helping people to fulfil their hopes and realise their ambitions. Listed on the London, Hong Kong, New York, Paris and Bermuda stock exchanges, shares in HSBC Holdings plc are held by 200,000 shareholders in 131 countries and territories.