Environment Resources Authority in Malta is looking to recruit a Senior Officer (Programmes & Operations) to join their team on a full-time basis.
In the role of Senior Officer (Programmes & Operations), the Officer is responsible to assist the respective Office in strategic management, follow up on the deliverables of the Directorate, and manage the assigned duties through effective Programmes and Operations. The employee shall be responsible to support the Director’s office within the Corporate Services Directorate of the Authority and, contribute to the overall targets of the Authority.
- Assist in the development, revision, and evaluation in collaboration with Senior Management the strategic plan for Corporate Services Directorate;
- Actively support the achievement of the Corporate Services Directorate Performance objectives through effective interaction between all Units within the Authority and other entities;
- Coordinate, develop, and evaluate the various assigned operational support projects and processes;
- Conduct research into operational practices, processes, and procedures, and recommend updates and/or changes as and when necessary;
- Follow-up programs and initiatives in order to enable the implementation within timeframes/quality /costs as set by the Authority;
- Keep abreast with relevant legislation, policies, procedures, and developments including public procurement, recruitment, GMICT policies, and any relevant reporting;
- Assist and participate in pre and post-contract evaluations and resulting purchase orders, ensuring that accuracy and integrity, and cost-effectiveness are achieved;
- Assist the Director’s office in tasks related to the coordination and management of matters concerning corporate services and ensuring effective coordination across all Ministries, entities, and ERA Units;
- Drawing up research reports as required, following up on recommendations that emerge from such research and delivering presentations on research undertaken as appropriate, and presenting findings and recommendations based on a thorough analysis with a view to enhancing performance and related procedures;
- Carrying out specific Audit checks and investigations as required by the Director;
- Assisting in the coordination of the timely preparation and formulation of meeting briefs with regards to meetings held by the Directors’ office as appropriate and, participating in internal meetings and taking minutes as required;
- Assisting the Director and Assistant Director Corporate Services with internal and external bodies responsible for Corporate Services and be able to network, develop and maintain a good working relationship with all officials employed by the Authority as well as contact persons within the Ministry and other entities;
- Following and participating in meetings, conferences, and meetings related to Corporate Services as required and in line with instructions, ensuring that the relevant reporting structures with regard to participation in meetings are adhered to;
- Schedule and follow-up the timely adoption, implementation, and submission of internal, Government policies and periodical reports linked to the proper discharge of the Authority’s commitments. In addition, to co-ordinate the clearance process for relevant documentation as well as any follow-up action as required; and
- Carrying out any other duties as directed by the Director and/or Assistant Director Corporate Services.
- Bachelor’s Degree [MQF Level 6] with a minimum total of 180 ECTS credits in Business Studies, General Management, Engineering or comparable qualification as recognized by NCFH;
- Alternatively in case of no first degree, a Master’s Degree [MQF Level 7] with a minimum total of 90ECTS credits in Business Studies, General Management, Engineering or comparable qualification as recognized by NCFHE;
- This particular job specification requires the candidate to be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing in Maltese, therefore a minimum ‘O’ Level in Maltese is required;
- A minimum of 3 years post graduate experience in a similar role;
- Any foreign qualifications will not be taken into consideration unless accompanied by an equivalence certificate from NCFHE/MQRIC Malta.
*A curriculum Vitae together with all the relative documentation is to be sent to the Environment and Resources Authority by not later than NOON of 5 March 2021.
Environment & Resources Authority:
The Environment and Resources Authority shall safeguard the environment to achieve a sustainable quality of life. As the national regulator on the environment, we shall also maintain consultation with stakeholders so as to promote and instill sound environmental management.