Job vacancy: Relocation Consultant – Regional Office for the Mediterranean
Contract Duration: 01.10.2021 – 23.12.2021 – part – time (15 – 20 hrs/week)
The International Centre for Migration Policy Development (ICMPD) is an international organisation tasked with promoting innovative, comprehensive and sustainable migration policies. With 18 Member States and over 60 projects active throughout Europe, Africa, Asia and Latin America. ICMPD is a growing and ever-more relevant presence in its field. The organisation’s greatest assets are its 200+ staff members, who personify its values of commitment, integrity, partnership, respect, and innovation in actions and decisions.
The Mediterranean region:
The Regional Office for the Mediterranean (RO MED) was established in May 2016 and is located in Floriana, Malta.
Under the general supervision of the Resource Management Officer (RMO) Admin, the Relocation Consultant is responsible for assisting the ICMPD Regional Office in the timely and effective execution of the relocation plan next to support a range of services for the benefit of ICMPD, its Regional Office and planned to open of its Training Institute (TI). It is anticipated the Relocation Consultant will be working in close coordination with the Management of the Regional Office, the RMO Admin and third parties (landlord, suppliers, vendors, architects, engineering companies, etc.)
Tentative relocation schedule for the Relocation RO MED and Opening of the Training Institute:
What: When: Estimated Number of weekly hours:
- Assist in all relocation and related activities at properties’ undergoing renovation including procurement of supplies and services in a timely manner
- Assist in the preparation of a detailed relocation budget, relocation plan framework and relocation phasing plan.
- Prepare and distribute all relocation-related correspondence, handouts, notices, or related information to ICMPD staff and third parties including General Information Notice, Required Move Notices, and other move-related notices/correspondence; maintain records.
- Coordinate move with ICMPD staff, moving company and building staff including a vacate inspection of the current ICMPD office premises.
- Work with the responsible ICMPD units (ICT, security, etc.), staff of the landlord, and external general contractor staff to ensure timely and effective execution of the relocation plan.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Preparation/Planning Phase 01.10.2011 – 31.10.2021 20 hrs/per week;
- Implementation Phase 01.11.2021 – 30.11.2021 20 hrs/per week;
- Closure Phase 01.12.2021 – 23.12.2021 15 hrs/per week.
*Maximum number of working hours: up 225 working hours in total (12 weeks)
Due to the nature of the work, it is imperative that the Consultant is already based in Malta.
On regular basis, the Relocation Consultant
will report to the RMO Admin who will be in charge of the overall supervision both in terms of administrative and content issues, and who will provide input and comments on deliverables as needed.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree plus minimum one-year administrative working experience or equivalent – preferably a relocation/real estate/or housing-related sector;
- Demonstrated ability to address complex problems;
- Consistent attention to detail and the ability to take ownership from start to finish;
- Manage changing deadlines and work well under pressure;
- Effectively prioritize multiple tasks;
- Excellent command of standard MS-office software;
- Proficiency in (verbal/written) English.
Fees for the assignment are paid upon satisfactory delivery of services, in line with the payment schedule stated in the contract and upon submission of required documentation.
Interested experts should send their CV.
*Candidates applying must click on 'Apply Now' or send your CV to RO_MED_Recruitment@icmpd. org
*Due to the high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The applicants should be available for a face-to-face meeting or an interview via videoconference. The assignment is subject to project funds availability and/or final approval by the donor. The invitation to an interview does not establish any right to future employment.
International Centre for Migration Policy Development (ICMPD):
The International Centre for Migration Policy Development (ICMPD) is an international organisation with 18 Member States and more than 350 staff members. Active in more than 90 countries worldwide, it takes a regional approach in its work to create efficient cooperation and partnerships along migration routes. Priority regions include Africa, Central and South Asia, Europe and the Middle East. Its three-pillar approach to migration management – structurally linking research, migration dialogues and capacity building – contributes to better migration policy development worldwide. The Vienna-based organisation has a mission in Brussels, a regional office in Malta and project offices in several countries. ICMPD receives funding from its Member States, the European Commission, the UN and other multilateral institutions, as well as bilateral donors. Founded in 1993, ICMPD holds UN observer status and cooperates with more than 700 partners including EU institutions and UN agencies.