Calamatta Cuschieri Investment Services Ltd in Malta is looking to recruit a Corporate Action Officer
to join their team on a full-time basis.
The Corporate Action Officer
is an integral part of the Operations Team which ensures that all business is administered in an efficient, controlled, risk-free, and timely manner ensuring products and payments change hands as they are supposed to, and corporate actions are processed on the day they are received. The Corporate Action Officer
will be responsible for the daily processing of all corporate actions and sending out communications to customers in a timely manner. In their role, the officer will provide support to customer-servicing teams such as the Investment Advisors and the Call Centre Support. This position offers an exciting opportunity for the right candidate in a fast-growing company.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Same-day processing of all corporate actions received;
- Same day circulation of customer communications and notifications;
- Ensure follow-up action when necessary (eg non-receipt of expected distributions) and liaise with the Head of the department, other operational departments, and counterparties for immediate resolution;
- Resolve discrepancies by communicating directly with the affected counterparty, identify the cause of the issue, as well as implement new internal processes to address future repetitio;
- Assist customer-facing teams with any queries in a timely manner;
- Adhere to corporate standards and procedures;
- Prepare various daily/weekly/monthly reports, related to corporate action activity across all customer accounts;
- Assist other operational departments from time to time such as Reconciliations and Payments & Settlement of financial transactions.
Experience & Education Requirements:
- MQF Level 5 of education;
- Ideally holds previous experience within a similar role;
- Applicants from non-related disciplines will not be at a disadvantage, but they will need to show an understanding of, and a keen interest in our business.
Calamatta Cuschieri Investment Services Ltd:
Calamatta Cuschieri is Malta's leading financial services firm. The company pioneered the local industry in 1972 and offers a full range of services including Live Online Trading & Independent Investment Advice, Saving Plans, Investment Management Services & Discretionary Portfolio services.
- Excellent numeracy and analytical skills;
- Good communication skills;
- Able to work well within a team;
- Can-do attitude results orientated and proactive;
- Attention to detail, plus excellent organizational and time management skills;
- Competent using MS Office, in particular Excel and Outlook.