A Compliance Officer position is currently available with a leading specialist law firm.
The chosen individual will report to the MLRO, but would effectively work very closely with Head of Corporate Services and the Partner heading the Italian legal team.
- Performing risk assessments of existing and new clients, evaluate and identify suspicious behaviour and report to the MLRO on any appropriate action required.
- Ensuring proper implementation of AML/CFT Policies and Procedures by personally overseeing all internal processes.
- Preparing client CDD files at on-boarding stage and conduct risk-based monitoring of clients thereafter.
- Ensuring all CDD information and documentation is correctly recorded and maintained.
- Performing periodical internal audits and drawing up reports and gap analysis for the MLRO and the Firm.
- Recommending actions following such audits for an ongoing compliance improvement programme.
- Being the contact person for all AML/CFT related matters and liaise with all departments to ensure AML procedures are adhered to.
- Being familiar and keeping abreast with AML/CFT legislation and regulations in Malta.
- Taking the lead with annual reporting requirements to the MFSA and FIAU.
- Performing ad-hoc AML projects as may be required from time to time.
Education & Experience:
- Professional qualification or relevant training relating to AML, CDD, Governance Risk and Compliance.
- Minimum of 3 years experience handling compliance tasks as outlined in the job description.
- Be proficient in written and spoken English & Maltese
- Attentive to detail
- Can work on his/her own with minimum supervision