We are currently assisting one of our clients in recruiting an experienced MLRO & Compliance Officer
- Develop and implement the risk and compliance framework and policies, through effective execution of compliance tasks and identification and reporting of areas of improvement.
- Ensure that Group policies and procedures are implemented in line with local laws and regulations; and the local office and client entities are compliant with applicable laws and regulations.
- Act as the main point of contact with Regulators, when necessary and be responsible for compliance-related audits; complete the regulatory filings with the Central Bank and other relevant bodies as required.
- Monitor client acceptance, conduct on-going review of client files, transaction monitoring and risk review;
- Assist the Local Management Team (“LMT”) with the monitoring, interpretation and analysis of existing and prospective legislation or regulations which may impact the business and/or clients; Highlight all identified risks and compliance issues as well as solutions to the LMT and the Group;
- As the MLRO, the candidate will need to ensure that all the relevant responsibilities of the MLRO are adhered to, including having robust policies & procedures in place, internal/external reporting as necessary, onboarding of new clients is done in compliance with all relevant laws & regulations, periodic reviews of clients are carried out as necessary, and all the other tasks that would be expected to be performed by the MLRO;
- Ensure that the Company's KYC, AML, CFT and Anti-Bribery and Corruption systems and On-boarding controls are adequate;
- To run the compliance monitoring program on an ongoing basis and to ensure that the entities of the company are compliant with all the relevant laws and regulations;
- Discuss with Senior Management on unusual transactions.
- Review and assess compliance breaches, escalate as necessary and work with the local Management Team and Group Compliance to remediate and resolve any identified issues;
- Manage and grow excellent relations with existing clients to ensure a good understanding of the clients business and structure to conduct a robust review to alleviate risks and ensure compliance with the changing regulatory landscape;
- Locally accountable for the management of compliance projects from the initiation and planning stages through execution and completion.
- Support business strategy of the local office, representing the compliance capabilities to clients and business partners;
- Build sound relationships and engage the Sales team, in order to fully understand the products, solutions and services being offered and ensure they are compliant with local laws and regulations;
- Work with Group Compliance and Learning and Development team to provide compliance related training and informal coaching to SAMs and AMs.
- Undertake such other duties, related to the position, as may from time to time be agreed with Management.