Our client, a global crypto and e-money platfrom, is looking for an MLRO to join their team of professionals. The MLRO shall be supported by an IT tool enabling an automation of certain key tasks.
- Ensuring compliance with the applicable provisions and procedures issued by the FIAU in terms of the provisions of the Prevention of Money Laundering and Funding of Terrorism Regulations;
- Ensuring that AML/CFT policies and procedures are in place and exercising effective influence over such policies and procedures;
- Oversight of ongoing monitoring of transactions
- Knowing the clients and prospective clients and ensuring that appropriate onboarding measures are being carried out;
- Considering insider internal reports of money laundering/funding of terrorism and deciding if there are sufficient grounds for suspicion to file a suspicion transaction report to the FIAU;
- Promptly responding to information requests received from the FIAU;
- Developing and implementing an AML/CFT training program;
- Providing ongoing advice and assistance in relation to client on-boarding and ongoing monitoring;
- Approving clients which are categorised as ‘high-risk’, whilst remaining involved in the ongoing monitoring of such clients.
- Presenting regular internal reporting to the board of directors and external reporting to regulators as required