Our Client an International Insurance Agency is seeking to recruit a Compliance Officer on a full-time or part-time basis to join their small team in Malta.
- Develop and implement the risk and compliance framework through effective policies.
- The execution of compliance tasks and identification and reporting of areas of improvement, which are in line with local laws and regulations and taking into account foreign legislation if applicable (cross-border activities)
- Act as the main point of contact with Regulators, when necessary, and be responsible for compliance-related audits; complete the regulatory filings with the Central Bank and other relevant bodies as required.
- Monitor client acceptance, conduct an ongoing review of client files, transaction monitoring, and risk review;
- Review and assess compliance breaches, escalate as necessary and work with the local Management to remediate and resolve any identified issues;
- Undertake such other duties, related to the position, as may from time to time be agreed with Management.