Our client within financial services is seeking to recruit a Compliance Executive to form part of its growing team.
Within this position, the chosen candidate will be reporting to the Head of Compliance / MLRO.
- Monitoring of client transactions and performance against fraud, card scheme requirements, internal thresholds, AML and CFT regulations.
- Reviewing of transactions and monitoring alerts to flag or identify suspicious activity outside the normal pattern and activity.
- Investigating and taking immediate action on alerts, notifications and reporting to ensure compliance at all times.
- Creating necessary manual alerts for fraud detection according to the fraud trends and patterns.
- Maintaining all investigation records and case outcomes.
- Reviewing fraud and chargeback levels as per internal accepted levels and as per card scheme regulations.
- Notifying customers of potential breaches and making sure that all necessary action is taken.
- Exploring new ways that can help improve existing fraud, AML and CFT strategies.
- Liaising with other departments where necessary to ensure that proper action is taken.
- Requesting and analyzing the source of funds and source of wealth documentation.
- Investigating suspicions of money laundering and terrorism financing or and submitting internal suspicion transaction reports to the MLRO or his deputy when relevant.
- Assisting on compliance matters that are applicable to the company.
Education & Experience:
- A financial or legal qualification.
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar role within the financial services industry.
- Knowledge of existing regulations and directives in relation to AML is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, any additional language would be considered an asset
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to work on his / her own initiative and also as part of a team.
- Have a good knowledge of the Microsoft Office and Windows environment.
- A proactive approach to situations.
The chosen candidate will be offered on-the-job training
Our client is licensed and regulated by the Malta Financial Services Authority to issue electronic money in terms of the Financial Institutions Act.