Inspire Foundation in Malta is looking to recruit a Support Worker to join their team on a part-time basis.
The chosen candidate shall work with individuals to promote their active participation so that they can take part in meaningful everyday activities, regardless of their level of ability with the aim of helping the individuals they are supporting gain more control, improve their confidence and increase their independence. The Support Worker shall be working very closely with other team members, including therapists, tutors, teachers, and instructors, involved in developing and implementing action plans for the individuals; and communicating with parents/guardians to provide them with feedback following sessions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work with individuals during their daily participation in activities to ensure their active engagement to the best of their potential;
• Support individuals during the provision of services in all possible aspects, including daily feeding needs, hygiene aspects, toileting and changing as well as supporting during transitions;
• Work with the client during animal interaction and therapeutic horseback riding;
• Work with the individuals in the pool during pool sessions, following the guidance of the Instructor/therapist;
• Carry out activities together with the individuals as recommended by therapists in the multisensory rooms;
• Actively support individuals during vocational training where appropriate;
• Carry out transport supervision according to the exigencies of the programme;
• Follow the therapists’ recommendations depending on the needs and SMART goals of each individual;
• Follow each individual's Behaviour Support Plans, Risk Assessments, and Sensory Profiles under the guidance of the tutors/therapists;
• The Support Worker may be required to research and find creative ways in which sessions can be delivered depending on each individual/group’s needs;
• The Support Worker may be required to assist the tutors/teachers/therapists with delivering sessions in small groups according to the curriculum/activities.
• To maintain continuous professional development and consistently commit to developing knowledge in the area on own initiative and/or through training offered by Inspire;
• Carry out activities with individuals as prescribed by teachers, tutors or therapists in various environments;
• Be active in promoting good practice in the department and with the wider organisation, ensuring that any policy and process changes are communicated and implemented effectively;
• Be an active participant in an environment that facilitates trust, open communication, creative thinking and cohesive team effort;
• Coordinate with other departments to enhance the organisation’s image as an Employer of Choice.
Qualification & Requirements:
The ideal candidate should possess the following:
*Prior to being recruited and throughout the duration of employment, the selected candidates need to satisfy the requirements of the Protection of Minors Act (POMA) together with those of immunisation.
Why work with Inspire?
At Inspire, we prioritise the mental health and wellbeing of our employees. In addition to a competitive salary, commensurate to experience, we offer the below:
Inspire is a leading NGO in Malta helping hundreds of individuals with various disabilities to achieve their full potential, as we believe that everyone has a right to equality and inclusion. We do this by providing individuals and their families with educational, therapeutic and leisure services. We also advocate for inclusion, educate the public and raise awareness among peers.