One of our clients in the Financial Services industry in Malta is currently looking to recruit a Settlements Officer to join their team on a full-time basis.
- Setting up of securities in the Bank’s master database and effecting necessary updates;
- Booking of voluntary and mandatory corporate actions (including foreign exchange transactions, where applicable); Filing, scanning, saving, and archiving of physical records in line with the process manual;
- Effecting the necessary trade bookings on customer portfolio accounts (including foreign exchange transactions);
- Monthly and quarterly reconciliations with Bank counterparties;
- Daily reconciliations of cash balance;
- General administration tasks within the settlements team;
- Securities reconciliations against Bank counterparties’ records;
- Effective communication with Settlement counterparties;
- Resolving external and internal queries relating to settlements;
- Attend monthly department meetings;
- Keep abreast of all banking rules, regulations, and directives issued by the MFSA / ESMA and other related bodies that are relevant to daily duties.
- A College or University Degree would be considered an asset;
- Strong command of English, both oral and written;
- Strong command of Microsoft Excel;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Proactive, focused, and able to plan and consistently meet deadlines.
Paragon Europe is an innovative, international EU affairs, advisory, recruitment & compliance company with head offices in Malta and Brussels. From its inception, Paragon Europe has striven to realise excellence by competing with cutting edge peers in the ultra-competitive market of EU funding. Paragon Europe works with both private and public organisations, NGOs, universities, educational institutes and agencies offering various services related to European funded programmes such as Horizon 2020, Erasmus+, Youth Workers, COSME, PON/POR and more to supply the best workforce possible.
- Meticulous with a keen eye for detail;
- Analytical, problem-solver with a can-do attitude;
- Team player with interpersonal skills.