Job vacancy: Personal Assistant within Executive Committee in Grade 7
Job code: CEO/004/2021
About Executive Committee:
The Executive Committee is the key decision making body of the Authority, being responsible for the implementation of the strategy and policies of the MFSA. Approvals related to regulation as well as those required for the issuing of licences and other authorisations also fall under the responsibility of this Committee. It is also entrusted with the monitoring and supervision of persons and other entities licenced or authorised by the Authority in the financial services sector, as well as the enforcement of the regulatory framework. The Executive Committee is also responsible for the overall performance of the Authority including its financial affairs, people and culture, and ancillary services, as well as the general coordination and management of the Authority's administrative and operational affairs.
The duties to be undertaken may include any of the following, according to the exigencies of the teams within the Function:
- Manage the CEO’s calendar and ensure the smooth running of meetings and activities in which the CEO is present.
- Manage communication to/from CEO Office; distribute information in a timely manner.
- To prepare papers and report before and after meetings.
- Provide historical reference by developing and utilising filing and retrieval systems; recording meeting discussions.
- Follow up on action points and deliverables as instructed by CEO.
- Organises events in which the CEO is taking part.
- Performing other duties as may be required from time to time.
- We are looking for candidates capable of delivering accurate work under pressure, prioritising tasks and working on own initiative. You will need to have excellent communication and client-facing skills. Fluency in spoken Maltese and English is a must. You also need to be methodical, organised, with an eye for detail. Previous experience in a similar role will be preferred;
- The role calls for an academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 5 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level;
- You will also need to have had at least three (3) years experience working in a similar role. Candidates with longer work experience relevant to the role will be preferred;
- If you do not have the necessary academic or professional qualifications but you have at least seven (7) years of relevant experience in a similar role, we would still be interested in speaking with you.
How to apply or query further information:
Candidates are to forward a copy of their Curriculum Vitae (C.V.) and an accompanying covering letter providing the motivation for the application.
Other Important Information:
The MFSA is an Equal Opportunities Employer as certified by the NCPE (National Commission for the Protection of Equality) and is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and will take care to avoid any form of discrimination in its recruitment procedures. The MFSA reserves the right to withdraw this call at any time and not to select any of the Candidates. It is the responsibility of applicants in possession of qualifications awarded by Universities and other similar institutions outside Malta to produce a recognition statement on the comparability of qualifications issued by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC). Applicants should do so preferably at the application stage or otherwise at the preliminary interview should an applicant be selected for such an interview. Details can be obtained by accessing the National Commission for Further and Higher Education website under MQRIC heading. The MFSA shall ensure that any processing of personal data is in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation), the Data Protection Act (Chapter 586 of the Laws of Malta) and any other relevant European Union and national law. For further details, you may refer to the Data Protection Policy on the MFSA webpage. Candidates are to note that the submission of any false statement/s or omission, even if unintended, may lead to the cancellation of their application and may render the candidate's appointment liable to termination. Furthermore, please note that candidates may be asked to submit any documentation in support of the information provided, including but not limited to, proof of qualifications and Police Conduct Certificates.
*Jobsplus Permit No: 568/2021
Malta Financial Services Authority:
The Malta Financial Services Authority (MFSA) is the single regulator for financial services in Malta. It was established by law on 23 July 2002 taking over supervisory functions previously carried out by the Central Bank of Malta, the Malta Stock Exchange and the Malta Financial Services Centre. The Authority is a fully autonomous public institution and reports to Parliament on an annual basis.