Gauci Borda & Co Ltd, importers, distributors, and retailers of hardware and marine goods in Malta are looking to recruit an Office Assistant
preferably on a full-time basis working.
Part-time may also be considered however the selected applicant must be able to work between 30 and 40 hours per week spread on a 5 day week from Monday to Friday.
Responsibilities will include:
- Filing of documents;
- Reconciling POS income and payments received from clients;
- Preparation of bank deposits;
- Posting of payments in sales ledger;
- Petty cash and other office routine work.
* In-house training will be provided for the selected applicant but a basic knowledge of accounts will be an asset.
Gauci Borda & Co Ltd:
Gauci Borda & Co. Ltd. was established in 1963 by the late Paul Gauci Borda who opened a small shop opposite the Ta’ Xbiex yacht marina selling marine hardware and accessories. By the early 1970s, the company had expanded into the distribution and wholesale business in the industrial, hardware, DIY and home improvements sectors in addition to marine supplies. The company is today run by 18 dedicated employees under the guidance of Myra Gauci Borda and operates two retails outlets in Gzira and Msida, and a warehouse and distribution centre in San Gwann supplying stores all over Malta and Gozo. Gauci Borda is also the leading flagmakers in Malta. We stock, supply and manufacture to specification various types of flags and accessories to ship chandlers, yachts, companies, government, religious organizations and private individuals.
- Applicants must be able to communicate, read and write in English and preferably Maltese;
- Must be trustworthy, hardworking, willing to learn new tasks, and enjoy working as part of a team;
- Non EU applicants must have a work permit to be considered for the job.