EF Malta is seeking a highly motivated and professional Host Family Coordinator
to work in our accommodation department providing homestay accommodation. This is a fixed-term position, starting asap.
We are looking for a dynamic person with the drive and enthusiasm to recruit local hosts to accommodate international students. Reporting to the Host Family Manager you will work together with the Host Family team ensuring that homestay visits and homestay recruitment are running well. Ensuring a high level of standard of homestay accommodation through excellent customer service in a fast-paced environment will be one of your highest priorities. You will have the ability to build strong relationships with homestay hosts, manage your own time schedule, and ensuring the quality of our accommodation provision will be a key part of the role.
- Reporting to the Host Family Manager, you will be responsible for recruiting host families in accordance with EF policy;
- Follow host family recruitment plan;
- Telemarketing, customer care representative for Host Family phone calls and enquiries;
- Work off-site for promotional recruitment street actions, events, fairs, and leafleting;
- Ensure all enquiries from prospective hosts are promptly followed up on;
- Visit prospective hosts to determine their suitability and complete visit forms with great attention to detail (whilst complying with accreditations and local authorities);
- Ensure all hosts’ questions are answered and they are given appropriate documentation;
- Track weekly recruitment statistics, with the Accommodation Manager and School Director;
- Ensure a high level of customer support service to host families and international students;
- Processes & maintains homestay provider records;
- Shares emergency on-call duties with other school staff.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills;
- Highly developed customer service focus and a positive attitude;
- Target driven, excellent organizational skills;
- Leadership experience/potential;
- Appreciation of international cultures;
- Creative problem solving and the ability to remain calm under pressure;
- Attention to detail;
- Complete fluency in English and fluency in Maltese is considered as a strong asset;
- Clean Driving Licence.
*EF is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All posts are subject to an enhanced police and character reference checks.
EF International Language School:
At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programs—focused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academics—turn dreams into international opportunities. When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across more than 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate about—we welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, parental status, identity, experience and everything else that makes you unique. Founded in Sweden in 1965, EF has school and offices around the world, including hubs in Boston, London, Mexico City, São Paulo, Shanghai, Stockholm, Zürich, and more.