Hugo's Group in Malta is looking to recruit a Front Office Manager
to join their team on a full-time basis.
As a key member of our Hotel Management Team, the Front Office Manager
will ensure that guests receive a heart-warming welcome. The Front Office Manager
must have a pleasant personality with a dynamic professional attitude to supervise and lead our team whilst maintaining a solid customer service approach in order to resolve complaints efficiently.
Qualifications & Assets:
- Assign tasks to the Front desk team and ensure that the front desk is manned at all times;
- Conduct regular meetings with front office personnel;
- Ensure front desk is kept well organized;
- Ensure the company’s policies and security requirements are met;
- Ensure that front-office employees are informed of any sales and marketing initiatives;
- Ensure that front office employees use up-selling and suggestive techniques to increase room and F&B sales;
- Ensure logging and delivery of all messages, packages, and mail in a timely and professional manner;
- Ensure that employees are always attentive, friendly, helpful, and courteous to all guests, managers, and other employees;
- Handle complaints and specific guest requests in a timely and efficient manner;
- Have a sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the company’s success;
- Monitor all V.I.P guests and their requests;
- Prepare revenue and occupancy forecasting;
- Prepare performance reports related to the front office;
- Perform other duties as requested by management;
- Review Front Office log book and Guest feedback forms on a daily basis;
- Schedule shifts according to occupancy levels;
- Train, supervise and support front desk staff.
The Hugo’s Group is the brainchild of the late Hugo Chetcuti, whose business empire now dominates Malta’s main entertainment hub. The company thrives on effectiveness and efficiency, backed by a dynamic team of industry professionals. World Class standards and the warmth of Mediterranean hospitality perfected over three decades have inspired the brand to a clear path of profitability. Although Hugo initially ventured into the industry in the late ’80s with the opening of Footloose, The Hugo’s Group and the trademark was officially launched in 2005 with the subsequent opening of Hugo’s Lounge. This brand-new concept in Pan-Asian cuisine is not only renowned for its Eastern gastronomic experience, but also for its exquisite cocktails and immersive music. Hugely popular night clubs such as Hugo’s Passion and Shadow Lounge (now known as Shadow Club) soon became an institution among the local clubbing scene and have been followed up by Hugo’s Terrace & Rooftop (the brands flagship), Bacco by Hugo’s, Hugo’s Pub, Hugo’s Burger Bar, Hugo’s Pizza & Pasta, HSixty6, Mila’s Kitchen, Rocco’s Whiskey Lounge, Infinity by Hugo’s, as well as Hugo’s Boutique Hotel and H Hotel. Paceville now stands alone as Malta’s main business and entertainment hub and quite rightly, Hugo Chetcuti’s foresight and ingenuity has played an integral part in its popularity and success. His son Luke has now taken over the reins and as company chairman, heads the business with an added zest of youth and vitality which was much needed after the loss of his father.
- Have three years of previous experience as a front office manager;
- Be proficient in English and at least another language (oral and written);
- Excellent leadership, team building, and management skills;
- Good organizational and multitasking abilities;
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel);
- Possess problem-solving skills;
- Thorough knowledge of customer service, office management, and basic bookkeeping procedures.