Hugo's Group in Malta is looking to recruit a Junior Cost Controller
to join their team on a full-time basis. The Junior Cost Controller
will be responsible for providing guidance for cost analysis including Food & Beverage costs within the Finance Department.
Qualifications & Assets:
- Posting of intercompany stock transfers and intercompany accounts reconciliations;
- Inputting of stock production;
- Issuance of monthly food and beverage, consumables, and operating supplies reports;
- Coordinating and performing monthly stock takes of the outlets and hotels within the Group;
- Carry out spot-checks of outlets during the month and report any variances;
- Carry out filing and other administrative duties;
- Carry out any other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Financial Controller.
The Hugo’s Group is the brainchild of the late Hugo Chetcuti, whose business empire now dominates Malta’s main entertainment hub. The company thrives on effectiveness and efficiency, backed by a dynamic team of industry professionals. World Class standards and the warmth of Mediterranean hospitality perfected over three decades have inspired the brand to a clear path of profitability. Although Hugo initially ventured into the industry in the late ’80s with the opening of Footloose, The Hugo’s Group and the trademark was officially launched in 2005 with the subsequent opening of Hugo’s Lounge. This brand-new concept in Pan-Asian cuisine is not only renowned for its Eastern gastronomic experience, but also for its exquisite cocktails and immersive music. Hugely popular night clubs such as Hugo’s Passion and Shadow Lounge (now known as Shadow Club) soon became an institution among the local clubbing scene and have been followed up by Hugo’s Terrace & Rooftop (the brands flagship), Bacco by Hugo’s, Hugo’s Pub, Hugo’s Burger Bar, Hugo’s Pizza & Pasta, HSixty6, Mila’s Kitchen, Rocco’s Whiskey Lounge, Infinity by Hugo’s, as well as Hugo’s Boutique Hotel and H Hotel. Paceville now stands alone as Malta’s main business and entertainment hub and quite rightly, Hugo Chetcuti’s foresight and ingenuity has played an integral part in its popularity and success. His son Luke has now taken over the reins and as company chairman, heads the business with an added zest of youth and vitality which was much needed after the loss of his father.
- Experience working in a similar position would be considered an asset;
- Practical understanding of stock control systems;
- Previous experience using SFM and SIMS will be considered as an asset;
- Ability to integrate and work well in a team environment;
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks effectively and flexibility with work schedule to accommodate last-minute requests;
- Excellent command of English;
- Possess an eye for detail and the ability to work under pressure;
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills;
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-moving environment;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.