One of our clients is looking to recruit a Junior Analyst: Accounting to join their team.
- Assist in the review of the Annual and Interim financial reports published by listed entities;
- Provide assistance to direct superiors in the performance of examinations of financial information including annual and interim financial statements and the financial analysis summaries issued by Listed Companies in order to ensure compliance with the requirements of the Listing Rules and ESMA Guidelines on the Enforcement of Financial Information (as applicable);
- Review Company Announcements and provide input in relation to financial information disclosed;
- Assist in the drafting of reports, compilation of tables, and other documentation as may required;
- Provide assistance in focused reviews of financial statements of Listed Companies;
- Provide assistance to direct superiors in correspondence with Listed Companies and their auditors on accounting issues, including the application of specific IFRS. The selected candidate may be also involved in on-site compliance visits;
- Assisting in the maintenance of internal compliance logs including the financial information calendar and breaches log;
- Carrying out work related to EU developments;
- Liaising with other regulatory Units
- Undertake such other tasks as may be directed from time to time by line management.
Education and Experience:
- Applicants should hold a Masters in Accountancy or be ACCA qualified.
- An excellent understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and General Acceptable Accounting Principles.
- A minimum of one years local post qualification experience.
- Fluency in English is essential, fluency in Maltese is preferred.
- Interested in the area of capital markets.
- Attention to detail.
- Team Player.
- Strong work ethic
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills.