Lidl in Malta is looking to recruit a Junior Accountant
to join their team on a full-time basis.
The purpose and goals of this position are to diligently carry out duties in the fields of accounting and IT operations. Particular duties include; store and warehouse billing, correct processing of documents, calculating stocks, and monitoring cash flow in line with company procedure (organisational policies, etc.).
- Provide day to day support to the Senior Accountant;
- Assist in the preparation of monthly management accounts;
- Assist in the administration and bookkeeping;
- Assist in other general duties as the need arises;
- Sorting and filing invoices and other documents;
- Payment processing and posting of invoices;
- Assist in the bank reconciliations.
- Attained a diploma in accountancy or in the process to attain ACCA or equivalent;
- Excellent command of English both written and verbal. Maltese and Italian would be considered an asset;
- Have a good working knowledge of Microsoft applications especially Excel;
- Ability to work on own initiative;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills and team-oriented;
- Strong work ethic;
- Meticulous attention to detail;
- Knowledge of SAP will be considered an asset.
Lidl was founded in the 30’s in Germany as a food distribution company! Today Lidl, part of the Schwarz group, is one of the major retail operators in Germany and as an international group, it has an important role in Europe. The first supermarkets have been opened in the 70’s. Lidl has continued his growth in the 80’s in Germany, entering the international market in the 90’s. Currently, there are supermarkets in almost all European countries. Nowadays Lidl is one of the most developed discount chains in Europe. Also in the future Lidl will keep playing an important role in the development of new markets, offering as always the best value for money harmony.
- A full time, indefinite, contract;
- A pleasant yet demanding working environment;
- Interesting and diverse activities;
- Development opportunities in a dynamic company that is continuously expanding;
- A secure workplace characterized by advanced, task-oriented, and professional training.