Hugo's Group in Malta is looking to recruit an Income Audit Clerk
to join their team on a full-time basis. Reporting to the Financial Controller, the Income Audit Clerk
will be responsible for the day-to-day operations within the Finance Department.
Qualifications & Assets:
- Assist with the reconciliation of the hotels’ guest, city, and sales ledger accounts;
- Assist in all aspects of the upkeep of day-to-day accounting records including but not limited to data inputting;
- Carry out any other duties and responsibilities assigned by the Financial Controller;
- Create analysis spreadsheets to determine if certain events and/or activities are indeed profitable;
- Complete ad hoc projects and other financial activities as assigned;
- Ensure compliance with established internal control procedures by examining records, reports, operating practices, and documentation;
- Ensure that cash is posted and accurately allocated including the handling of petty cash payments;
- Issue of clients’ invoices, recording of receipts, and sending monthly debtors’ statements;
- Inspect transactions recorded by Front Desk agents to ensure appropriate accounting procedures followed;
- Maintain and update all accounts receivables;
- Monitor and follow-up non-payment, delayed payment, and aged debtors;
- Prepare the revenue reports including assistance in daily sales reports from the various outlets within the Group, including the hotels’ books for the day’s financial transactions;
- Prepare credit card reconciliation on books and in bank;
- Prepare reports and preserve documentation pertaining to audits for internal records;
- Reconcile cash, cash advance accounts, and outlet’s cash floats;
- Update and prepare monthly debtors reconciliations;
- Verify all revenue sources are accurately posted, and resolve any identified discrepancies.
The Hugo’s Group is the brainchild of the late Hugo Chetcuti, whose business empire now dominates Malta’s main entertainment hub. The company thrives on effectiveness and efficiency, backed by a dynamic team of industry professionals. World Class standards and the warmth of Mediterranean hospitality perfected over three decades have inspired the brand to a clear path of profitability. Although Hugo initially ventured into the industry in the late ’80s with the opening of Footloose, The Hugo’s Group and the trademark was officially launched in 2005 with the subsequent opening of Hugo’s Lounge. This brand-new concept in Pan-Asian cuisine is not only renowned for its Eastern gastronomic experience, but also for its exquisite cocktails and immersive music. Hugely popular night clubs such as Hugo’s Passion and Shadow Lounge (now known as Shadow Club) soon became an institution among the local clubbing scene and have been followed up by Hugo’s Terrace & Rooftop (the brands flagship), Bacco by Hugo’s, Hugo’s Pub, Hugo’s Burger Bar, Hugo’s Pizza & Pasta, HSixty6, Mila’s Kitchen, Rocco’s Whiskey Lounge, Infinity by Hugo’s, as well as Hugo’s Boutique Hotel and H Hotel. Paceville now stands alone as Malta’s main business and entertainment hub and quite rightly, Hugo Chetcuti’s foresight and ingenuity has played an integral part in its popularity and success. His son Luke has now taken over the reins and as company chairman, heads the business with an added zest of youth and vitality which was much needed after the loss of his father.
- Possess a Diploma in Business Administration or equivalent;
- At least 2 years experience working in a similar position;
- Ability to integrate and work well in a team environment;
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks effectively and flexibility with work schedule to accommodate last-minute requests;
- Knowledge of Shireburn SFM and SIMS would be considered an asset;
- Possess an eye for detail and the ability to work under pressure;
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills;
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-moving environment;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.