Our client is a group of companies, they are currently looking for a Financial Controller to head the finance function within their healthcare sector.
Working closely with the Group's CEO, the chosen candidate will be responsible for the following duties:
- Have the overall responsibility for the finance function;
- Determine the appropriate allocation of resources across the organisation for the day-to-day bookkeeping, invoice control, customer billing, accounts receivable, inventory management and processing of bank transactions and overseeing the above activities on an ongoing basis.
- Preparation of the monthly management accounts including the necessary reconciliations, accruals and prepayments.
- Presenting the monthly management pack to senior management.
- Preparation of the monthly payroll including the related filings with the relevant authorities.
- Preparation of the VAT and income tax returns and management of tax payments and refunds.
- Preparation of the annual financial statements and liaising with auditors in relation to the annual audit of the financial statements.
- Preparation of the annual budget and subsequent re-forecasts, as necessary.
- Reviewing the accounts payable, stocks and debtors and managing related cash flows and working capitals.
- Gaining a detailed understanding of all the operational and commercial aspects of the business and being able to interpret the financial results and relate them to management's expectations, identifying areas of concern and investigating exceptions at source.
- Making full use of the company's financial reporting systems and Business Intelligence reports and using these tools to drill down into the necessary level of detail to explain the numbers in clear and concise manner.