Our client, a boutique commodity trading and logistics firm, is looking for a Financial Controller to join their team.
Reporting to the CEO and the CFO, the chosen candidate will be responsible for the following duties:
- The preparation and analysis of the monthly financial statements and the interpretation of such figures, of international group companies
- Overview of the compilation of statutory reports, VAT Returns, and Tax returns by local accountants and service providers
- Preparing budgets, cash flows, and forecasts.
- The monitoring and planning of cash resources and liquidity.
- Attending management meetings and presenting financial reports in a concise and meaningful manner to both financial and non-financial managers.
- The cooperation with internal and external auditors, to ensure proper compliance and efficient interim and year-end closures.
- The identification of opportunities to improve and standardize processes, workflows and information systems.
- The implementation of meaningful internal controls to minimize risk exposure
Education & Experience:
- Fully Qualified Accountant
- A minimum of 4 years of previous accounting experience in a similar position
- Knowledge of French, or Arabic, or Spanish, or Turkish would be considered beneficial however not a requirement.