Michael Debono Ltd in Malta is looking to recruit a Finance Officer
to join their team on a full-time basis.
The company today operates one of Malta’s largest automotive dealerships. It represents more than 9 OEM brands. First and foremost of these is Toyota – which was the first OEM brand we started to build a relationship with way back in 1960 when we imported the first Toyota vehicle to Europe. The company and employs more than 130 multi-disciplined employees. The product offering is composed of passenger and commercial vehicles, motorbikes, vehicle parts and accessories, and aftersales services. The company also offers consumers a range of consumer finance solutions to fund the acquisition of their vehicles. Moving forward the company is looking to enhance the mobility experience for each and every customer by delivering great products that are customizable, affordable, comfortable, and environment friendly. We aim to support our customers both through their personal and professional needs.
MDL is part of the Debono Group, a multifaceted group of companies with a keen focus on the mobility sector. The company aims to deliver business growth by tapping into innovation that really impacts the lives of consumers.
The Finance Officer will be responsible for:
- Verifying the accuracy of invoices and other applicable accounting documents or records;
- Controlling and Processing supplier invoices ensuring an appropriate level of authorization and accurate cost centre/expense code coding;
- Verifying suppliers accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions;
- Handling payments in an organised and timely manner, also keeping in consideration the credit terms allowed;
- Allocating payments appropriately against applicable invoices;
- Maintaining historical records by filing documents;
- Assisting in the preparation of management accounts by providing the month-end accruals/prepayments;
- Maintaining regular communication with suppliers and service providers;
- Resolving queries from suppliers and internal colleagues;
- Additional finance tasks as distributed by the management team.
What We Offer:
- A-Level standard of education, preferably with a pass in Accountancy or in the initial stages of ACCA;
- Working knowledge of the Accounts Payable function;
- Strong communication skills;
- Organised and methodological;
- Very good team player;
- Able to work in a dynamic environment;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- The position is offered on a full-time permanent basis.
Michael Debono Ltd:
Established in 1960, Michael Debono Ltd is Malta's exclusive representative of the world's leading car manufacturer, Toyota. From day one, since distributing the first Toyota in Europe, our foremost objective has been to offer complete customer satisfaction to all our customers. This has enabled us to build strong relationships and a loyal database of valued customers, supporting our rapid expansion over the years, where we have extended our range of aftersales facilities to meet our all of our customers’ auto-related needs. Specialities: Toyota Cars, Quality Used Cars, Genuine Car Parts, Body Repairs and Servicing.
- Competitive remuneration package;
- Continuous development and mentoring;
- Flexible working arrangement;
- Health insurance;
- Employee referral scheme;
- Weekly breakfast;
- Monthly treats;
- Employee discounts.