The Malta Development Bank (MDB) in Malta is looking to recruit a Finance Officer
to join their team on a full-time basis. The Finance Officer will work closely with the Financial Controller and will be assisting with the accounting and financial reporting of the Bank.
Duties and responsibilities:
Candidate Profile and Experience:
- Maintain the general ledger and recording of end-of-month transactions;
- Preparation of the payment run, record prepayments, and accruals;
- Reconciliation of balance sheet accounts including bank accounts, fixed asset register, creditor and debtor reconciliations;
- Perform physical inspection as part of the periodic physical inventory reconciliation;
- Recording purchase invoices, checking their approvals to ensure that the Bank's procurement policy and procedure limits are being adhered to;
- Assist with the preparation of monthly management accounts;
- Perform periodic reviews of loan reporting system data integrity and perform intersystem data reconciliations;
- Assist in calculating and monitoring of KPIs, KRIs, and project-based cost management reporting, including activity measurement;
- Assist in the drafting of the annual financial statements and IFRS disclosures;
- Liaise with the bank’s external and internal auditors in the annual and other audit assignments;
- Assist in budgeting and cash forecasting;
- Assist in the completion of statutory and other financial returns;
- Administer the setup of banking facilities and ensuring all banking documentation and signatory requirements are in place;
- Ensure financial procedures are maintained up to date:
- Perform any other administrative roles and other responsibilities which may be assigned from time to time by the Financial Controller or the Operations Department to ensure the smooth running of day-to-day operations of the Bank and to substitute other administrative personnel as required.
- Degree in Accounting or Banking and Finance (candidates working towards their ACCA qualification will be considered);
- A minimum of three years related work experience preferably within banking;
- Experience in the financial services sector is preferred;
- Be able to work under pressure with minimum supervision and to strict deadlines and budgets;
- A disposition to take the initiative, collaborate with all the Business Units, and support work within the area of responsibilities beyond the call of duty to ensure the smooth running of the function. Business.
- Assertive with strong ethical values and integrity;
- Strong interpersonal skills as a team player with the ability to prioritize, coordinate and organize the work in a practical fashion;
- A conscientious attitude, self-motivation, and ability to work without close supervision;
- Very good writing and verbal communication ability with excellent negotiations skills;
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and report writing skills with a goal-oriented attitude and ability to work with minimum supervision. Knowledge;
- High proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications with expertise in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel system;
- Previous experience in Microsoft Dynamics 365 accounting software will be considered an asset;
- Fluent Maltese and English.
The MDB shall process information provided by candidates solely for the purpose of this vacancy. In the event of unsuccessful applications, the Bank may keep applicants’ personal data on file for a period up to six months following the date that the post applied for was filled. Applicants’ information will only be used to identify any future employment opportunities within the MDB for which applicants may be suited. Applicants are free to withdraw their application and their consent to the retention of their personal data, at any time. For further information, please read the MDB’s privacy notice which can be found on our website (https://mdb.org.mt/en/home/Pages/Privacy-Notice.aspx).
Malta Development Bank:
he Malta Development Bank (MDB) was established on 24 November 2017 when the Malta Development Bank Act, 2017 came into force (Act No XXI of 2017 – CAP 574). It commenced operations on 11 December 2017 when the Board of Directors was appointed and held its first meeting. The MDB is fully owned by the Government of Malta.
The MDB shall contribute towards sustainable economic development that benefits the Maltese people in line with public policy objectives by:
promoting inclusive and environmentally sustainable economic growth
supporting infrastructure development
linking entrepreneurship, investment, and economic growth to improved living conditions, a higher quality of life, and better social inclusion.