PG Group Plc in Malta is looking to recruit a Finance Manager
to join their team on a full time basis.
Qualification and Experience:
- Preparation of the monthly management accounts including the necessary reconciliations, accruals and prepayments.
- Submission of VAT returns and assistance with relevant tax returns.
- Reviewing of fortnightly payroll calculations.
- Keeping abreast of changes in financial regulations and legislation.
- Critically review, analyse, compare and interpret information in order to draw relevant conclusions and make decisions.
- Gaining a detailed understanding of all the operational and commercial aspects of the business and being able to interpret the financial results and relate them to management's expectations, identifying areas of concern and investigating exceptions at source.
- Liaising with the Group’s internal and external auditors.
- Managing a team and determine the appropriate allocation of resources for the day-to-day tasks.
- University Masters in Accounting, ACA, ACCA or in the final stages of ACA or ACCA.
- Experience in a similar role within the retail sector.
- Experience within a big 4 audit firm is considered an asset.
PG Group Plc:
PG plc (Company/PG Group) is a reputable investment company with interests in a number of successful ventures in the Maltese Islands. Over the years, the company grew its operation and invested in a number of sustainable and attractive opportunities. Its sole purpose is directed towards the local economy and employs no less than 350 people. The business activities are diverse and include real estate, supermarket and fashion.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Maltese.
- Excellent knowledge of Excel.
- Strong leadership and analytical skills.
- Good eye for detail.
- Able to work alone and on own initiative.
- Capable of leading a team.
The Company’s ethos is reflected in the services given to its clients. The client remains the centre of the Group’s activities which strives to offer the best service, at the right price and from the best location.
The Group is involved in the following business activities:
- PAVI (Qormi) and PAMA (Mosta) Supermarkets;
- PAMA Shopping Mall in Mosta;
- The franchise of ZARA and ZARA Home in Sliema and Mosta.