InterContinental Malta is looking to employ a Cluster Director of Finance & Business Support
to join their team on a full-time basis.
Your day to day responsibilities will consist of:
What we need from you
- Manage everyday activities, plan and assign work ensuring you always have the right staffing numbers;
- Develop your team and improve their performance through coaching and feedback, and create performance and development goals - recognise good performance;
- Train your team to make sure they deliver with compliance, to our standards and have the tools they need to work efficiently;
- Recommend or initiate any HR related actions where needed;
- Direct the team on how decision-making impacts profits;
- Drive a great working environment for teams to thrive – connect departments to create a sense of one team Responsible Business;
- Implement and maintain acceptable accounting practices as required by company policy and procedures;
- Ensure financial control procedures and systems are ethical and legal;
- Participate in local recognised professional and industry organisations;
- Manage hotel contracts (example: vendor leases and/or service contracts);
- Other ad-hoc duties – unexpected moments when we have to pull together to get a task done Financial;
- Use financial analysis, data trends and market information to anticipate needs, identify operating/financial issues, and recommend actions to maximise financial return;
- Create the annual operating budget for the property and provide analytical support during budget reviews to identify cost saving and productivity opportunities for department heads;
- Ensure all accounts are reconciled on a monthly basis and oversee the process of credit extension and collection of overdue accounts;
- Review rates and recommend rate strategy to the Cluster General Manager; participate in sales strategy meetings;
- Manage accounts payable to balance cash flow and reputation with suppliers;
- Analyse ROI for capital projects prior to committing funds and, upon completion, determine if anticipated results were achieved;
- Maximise cash flow performance of the hotel through controls on inventory (avoid excessive supply), credit and collection, disbursements, deposits and remittances Guest Experience • Help guests - you’ll be happy to help if someone needs assistance with a request or complaint;
- Ensure accounting practices, support the guest experience through payment options (e.g. credit card systems, room charges), inventory controls and financial dispute resolution Accountabilities.
What we offer:
- Bachelor’s degree / higher education qualification / equivalent in Accounting and Finance;
- 5-8 years’ experience in hotel accounting or audit with at least two years in an Assistant Controller or similar managerial role, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience • Knowledge of accounting management duties e.g. negotiating hotel space and tenant leases; processing payroll; performing asset management duties; providing business projections, displacement analysis, preparing government reports, filing tax returns etc;
- Professional accounting or finance designation or certification preferred;
- Must be fluent in Maltese and English.
In return for your hard work, you can look forward to a highly competitive salary and benefits package including hotel discounts worldwide as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. All applicants must be eligible to work in the EU and must be in possession of the relevant passport and visa. We are an equal opportunities employer.
Centrally located, InterContinental Malta, redefines the meaning of elegance with its contemporary design, style and modern ambience. All 451 rooms are superbly furnished and its extensive facilities include 7 restaurants, 3 bars, Club InterContinental Lounge, an outdoor 47-meter panoramic lagoon styled swimming pool, a heated indoor pool, Fitness Centre, Beauty Salon, 23 meeting rooms and a 24 hour Business Centre. The InterContinental Beach Club is an extension to the hotel’s facilities, located only 143 meters away. Holiday Inn Express Malta situated adjacent to InterContinental Malta opened in the second quarter of 2017 with 120 latest generation guest rooms and facilities. With a dynamic team and innovative service culture, we will offer our guests an authentic and enriching experience in the heart of the Mediterranean. As Cluster Director of Finance & Support, you’ll direct hotel financial operations. Reporting on the financial state of hotel you'll also make recommendations to improve hotel profitability. You'll be the first point of contact for all hotel financial and accounting-related issues with owners, auditors (internal and external) and regulatory agencies.