Sheltons Group in Malta is looking to recruit a Client Manager with an accounting background for an international firm
to join their team on a full-time basis.
For our Malta office we are seeking a highly motivated individual with excellent development opportunities, ideally, someone with an accounting background looking for new challenges in an international environment. As a Client Manager
, you would be responsible and oversee a growing portfolio of international clients. You would be entrusted with a variety of corporate and accounting matters ensuring that all statutory requirements are complied with, as well as assisting with accounting and tax advice, etc. in collaboration with in-house or external advisors. If you are ambitious, driven, and wish to develop your career in an international team, you may be our new Client Manager
After a brief induction period, you would be responsible for assisting in the formation and maintaining Maltese entities, arranging for legal, accounting, and tax advice, etc., in collaboration with in-house or external advisors, ensuring that all accounting and legal requirements are complied with and for delivering services in a timely and professional manner. Your role would also include ensuring the delivery of accurate management accounts, annual accounts, and tax returns as well as assisting clients with the preparation and filing of the VAT returns. You will have considerable contact with your international clients’ representatives as well as with banks, accounting firms, and law firms around the world. In time, you will also be expected to assist with developing new business, and to manage, support, and motivate your own team.
- You have worked at least five years in accounting or commercial law, preferably within an accounting firm. It is however perfectly acceptable if all your experience has been gained working outside Malta;
- You have a relevant theoretical background and are familiar with related legal and financial terms and concepts;
- Experience in working in areas such as international corporate taxation or European VAT would be considered an asset;
- You also have a good knowledge of general office software such as Word, Excel, and Outlook as well as experience using at least one accounting program;
- Knowledge of Xero accounting software would be favorably considered;
- As you would be dealing with clients from all over the world a strong command of the English language is necessary, as well as a highly developed ability to articulate views, verbally and in written form;
- Knowledge of foreign languages such as Italian, German, French, or Spanish would be an asset;
- You have good analytical skills and are a logical thinker and have the ability to find practical solutions to challenging tasks;
- You have a strong personal drive and a competitive spirit. You are result-orientated and are good at prioritizing your tasks. You enjoy building and developing relationships and working in a dynamic team where the spirit of “everybody helps out” is deeply entrenched.
If you enjoy working in an international environment and have a flair for the English language then this is the position for you. After an introductory period, you can expect a challenging position with the opportunity to utilize, hone and broaden your skills. You will be trained, not only on the job but also via attendances at external courses and conferences. The right person will have the prospect of progressing to the rank of Senior Manager and possibly to partner in due course. At Sheltons, we have a professional attitude and a flat and open organization. The atmosphere is cooperative, congenial, and positive.
Our Maltese office provides full management support for foreign companies doing business in or with Malta. We are experienced professionals with local and international experience working as your local partner.