One of our clients is currently looking to recruit a client accountant (Part-Time or Full-Time) to join their team. The role will focus on client accounting for a portfolio of clients, however the successful applicant will also be responsible for internal accounting for the business.
- Maintaining accounting records and ensuring they are kept up to date
- Preparing VAT returns and other statutory returns
- Issuing invoices and the preparation of monthly reconciliations
- Preparing monthly management accounts
- Assisting in the compilation of budgets and forecasts
- Preparing and submitting other regulatory reports
- Liaising with external bodies and other regulatory authorities
- Liaising with external auditors and other advisors
Education and experience:
- Previous local accounting experience is required
- Part qualified through the ACCA qualification
- Previous experience of working within a corporate services environment would be an asset
- Fluency in written and spoken English is essential
- Fluency in Maltese and/or Italian would be a significant asset.
- Highly motivated and meticulous.
- A good team player with strong communication skills
*Whilst the client is ideally looking to recruit someone on a part time basis of twenty five hours per week, for the right candidate they would also consider full time*