Our Client is a private organisation providing luxury living accommodation in a community setting. An Assistant Financial Controller
position has now been created within the business to assist the Financial Controller with all aspects of accounting management.
- Supporting the Financial Controller in the day to day running of the finance department;
- Ensuring that accounting entries are recorded properly and timeously;
- Carrying out regular reconciliations of all control accounts, bank, and cash accounts as well intra-group company accounts;
- Managing and mentoring a small team of junior staff;
- Attending stock takes and review any variances;
- Ensuring that all internal practices comply with current legislation;
- Reviewing and enhancing internal controls;
- Assisting in the preparation of budgets and forecasts;
- Recommending improvements to the existing internal reporting;
- Improving internal processes where possible by leveraging technology to ensure efficiency;
- Assisting external auditors during the interim and annual statutory audit;
- Assisting in the preparation of financial statements in compliance with accounting standards.
- Possess past experience in a similar position;
- Demonstrate excellent understanding of accounting and financial processes (budgeting, month-end reporting, etc.);
- Be well-organized with the ability to prioritize workload;
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Be well conversant with Microsoft Excel;
- Be in possession or in the final stages of an accounting degree or equivalent;
- Previous experience of SUN accounting software/Sage will be considered as an asset.
*If you are an Accountant seeking your next move in the industry, this is an excellent opportunity to progress your career in an Assistant Financial Controller position.
Ably Resources Limited:
At Ably Resources we provide the best available talent within various sectors on Malta. Whether it's the placement of one individual or the mobilisation of a whole project team, we can guarantee you a professional and highly skilled response to your requirements. Our aim is to deliver the best possible solutions, so we will make sure we fully understand the nature of your work-scope, the key issues and the complexities. We will then strive to meet your needs as quickly, and as cost-effectively, as possible. We can provide staff at all levels, from skilled trades to any office support staff, middle and senior management and director level across many disciplines. We're based in Glasgow, with a satellite office in Malta but we have absolutely no geographical restrictions. Nor do we have any restrictions on our client-base, which currently ranges from small independent firms to global multi-nationals. We deliver complete recruitment solutions from advertising, sourcing, shortlisting, selection and full candidate back-up. In addition, we offer security and medical screening, credential verification and referencing. Through innovative web-based attraction and recruitment solutions combined with our extensive database and contact pool, we are confident in delivering a quality choice. Ably Resources ambitious aims are to deliver recruitment services to its clients wherever and whenever their requirement arise.