Foster Clark Products Ltd in Malta is looking to recruit an Accounts Payable Clerk to join their team on a full-time basis. Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Accounts Payable Clerk is accountable for major supplier accounts, posting of invoices, verifying proper payment approval and processing payments in a timely manner. The role is also in charge for backup of Payroll preparation, as below explained.
*Candidates applying must have a valid work permit.
- 3-way matching and posting of supplier invoices (raw & packaging suppliers).
- Be responsible for all aspects of major supplier accounts.
- Ensure that supplier accounts are constantly up-to-date (standing data and transactions).
- Work proactively to reconcile and settle debit / credit balances and aged items.
- Follow up on accrued purchases (un-invoiced goods received notes) and prioritise ageing items.
Compliance, Authorization Limits:
- Obtain payment approvals in line with approved and published A&L.
- Payment processing and postings.
- Updating of forward contract register.
Cost analysis / Controlling:
- Support cost analysis and deviations from purchasing.
- Support cost variance analysis and investigations on deviation budget vs actual.
Back up for Payroll preparation:
It is important to have a Payroll officer back up, hence once a quarter APC is expected to perform the following duties:
- Perform (high quality standards) payroll operations on either wages or salaries (time permitting: both).
- Perform payroll reconciliations (basic pay and NI).
- Manage workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Verify timesheets and postpay adjustments.
- Vetting of payment proposals (vouchers).
Ideal Candidate Profile:
- Take ownership of one Overheads controlling area, in order to regularly participate in cross-functional teams and be the owner of one cost area. With the potential to further develop vertically (same Dept.) and also in other areas (such as Costing, Purchasing, Logistics, Internal Audit).
- A Level in Accounts or equivalent at MQF level 4.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Accounting.
- Accounting and Bookkeeping skills.
Foster Clark Products Ltd:
With a strong tradition and a history dating back to 1889, Foster Clark is dedicated to developing and supplying quality beverage preparations and food products in the desert, baking products, and sauces and dressings sectors. As a forward-looking company with a strong history of success, Foster Clark is committed to researching, producing, and bringing to the market high-quality products that meet customer expectations in different regions, while continuing with our expansion through the globe. We are committed to our own people as we are to our customers, acknowledging that our success is a direct result of their qualities. We continue to strengthen our team in all areas of the business and offer excellent long-term prospects. Manufacturing and marketing high-quality food and beverage products in over 80 different countries, is the cornerstone of our success and the benchmark for all our operations and processes.
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving.
- Action orientated.
- Influencing and Impact, including conflict management.
- Programme and Project management.