The Warehouse Group in Malta is looking to recruit an Accounts Officer
to join their team on a full-time basis, however, if you are a parent with the right attributes willing to work reduced hours we are happy to hear from you. Our offices are located in Attard. The ideal candidate will report to the Executive Team. Interested candidates must have a valid work permit.
The Warehouse Group is a fashion retail chain boasting brand names such as Diesel, Levis, and Fred Perry. In the recent past, the Group invested heavily in acquiring a number of landmark locations with the aim to tap into the ever-growing hospitality market. Growth brings opportunities and the Group is seeking to recruit an Accounts Officer to lead the hospitality side of the business. The role is ideally suited to individuals who are qualified or partly qualified accountants with at least two years of experience in a Finance environment.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and update the general ledger, including preparing journal entries, accounts analyses, and reconciliations.
- Verify all business transactions from documents such as deposit slips, invoices, receipts, check stubs, and computer printouts.
- Calculate accruals and prepayments, depreciation, and other items required for an accurate presentation of monthly and annual financial reports.
- Reconcile monthly bank statements, verify all deposits and handle discrepancies.
- Oversee accounts receivable collection and accounts payable payments, and ensuring that income and expenditure are charged to appropriate accounts.
- Ensure records of all inventories and fixed assets are kept updated.
- File all appropriate VAT and tax forms with the respective Government Departments.
- Liaise with such offices as deemed necessary.
- Prepare accounting reports and assist the management team in making financial decisions.
- Ensure a high quality/standard of work and service throughout.
- Other ad hoc duties according to business exigencies.
*An attractive remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and experience will be offered to the right candidate.
The Warehouse Group:
The Warehouse Group operates in the fashion retail industry representing Diesel, Fred Perry, and Levis. The group is also venturing into the entertainment and leisure sector.