Our client, a player in the energy industry in Malta, is currently recruiting an Accounts Officer to join their growing Finance Department on a full-time basis.
Working closely with the Accountants, the ideal candidate will be responsible for:
- Processing suppliers and any other monthly payments including their follow up for approvals;
- Recording all type of transactions in the company's accounting system and any other IT system, including payments, expenses, and invoices;
- Solving any issues which may be raised and communicate with relevant parties;
- Reconciling suppliers statements received to ensure that suppliers balances shown in our records are up to date;
- Liaising with other team members to ensure smooth processing of payments;
- Assisting in the development of procedures for day to day processes and accounting policies to ensure efficient and accurate accounting records;
- Vetting, posting, and preparation of Petty Cash;
- Preparing Weekly Cash Position of the Company;
- Preparing reports requested by senior management;
- Adhering to set monthly deadlines;
- Performing any other related duties which may be assigned from time to time.
- An A-Level standard of education (AAT would be considered an asset);
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in a similar position;
- Experience working with accounting software;
- Basic knowledge of accounting processes and procedures;
- Good command of the English language both written and spoken.
Tailwag is a newly established boutique recruitment agency in Malta backed up by some of the most influential individuals within the industry. Hunters by Nature, Tailwag Recruitment aims to elevate standards within the industry by finding top jobs for top dogs. At Tailwag we offer a thorough, discreet and above all professional service to companies and individuals throughout the island specialising in character-matching and taking the time to understand our candidates and clients. We are all about making sure that your recruitment process, is a walk in the park.
- Meticulous and attentive to detail;
- Ability to work well within the team and collaborate with different members;
- Ability to work well alone and manage the time accordingly;
- Works well under pressure;
- Able to prioritise work to meet deadlines;
- Excellent communication skills.