Hugo's Group in Malta is looking to recruit an Accounts Clerk
to join their team on a full-time basis. Reporting to the Financial Controller, the Accounts Clerk
will be responsible for the day-to-day operations within the Finance Department.
Qualifications & Assets:
- Assist in all aspects of the day-to-day accounting records including but not limited to data inputting;
- Assist with end of month routines including bank and petty cash reconciliations;
- Assist in the preparation and posting of journals;
- Complete ad hoc projects and other financial activities as assigned;
- Recording of supplier invoices, reconciliations with supplier statements, and handling of supplier queries;
- Perform general accounting and administrative duties;
- Prepare necessary schedules as required by the auditors in the course of their audit checks;
- Provide accounting support to other departments;
- Carry out any other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The Hugo’s Group is the brainchild of the late Hugo Chetcuti, whose business empire now dominates Malta’s main entertainment hub. The company thrives on effectiveness and efficiency, backed by a dynamic team of industry professionals. World Class standards and the warmth of Mediterranean hospitality perfected over three decades have inspired the brand to a clear path of profitability. Although Hugo initially ventured into the industry in the late ’80s with the opening of Footloose, The Hugo’s Group and the trademark was officially launched in 2005 with the subsequent opening of Hugo’s Lounge. This brand-new concept in Pan-Asian cuisine is not only renowned for its Eastern gastronomic experience, but also for its exquisite cocktails and immersive music. Hugely popular night clubs such as Hugo’s Passion and Shadow Lounge (now known as Shadow Club) soon became an institution among the local clubbing scene and have been followed up by Hugo’s Terrace & Rooftop (the brands flagship), Bacco by Hugo’s, Hugo’s Pub, Hugo’s Burger Bar, Hugo’s Pizza & Pasta, HSixty6, Mila’s Kitchen, Rocco’s Whiskey Lounge, Infinity by Hugo’s, as well as Hugo’s Boutique Hotel and H Hotel. Paceville now stands alone as Malta’s main business and entertainment hub and quite rightly, Hugo Chetcuti’s foresight and ingenuity has played an integral part in its popularity and success. His son Luke has now taken over the reins and as company chairman, heads the business with an added zest of youth and vitality which was much needed after the loss of his father.
- At least 2 years experience working in a similar position;
- Possess an Ordinary Level in Accounts;
- Practical understanding of basic bookkeeping;
- Knowledge of Shireburn SFM and SIMS would be considered an asset;
- Ability to integrate and work well in a team environment;
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks effectively and flexibility with work schedule to accommodate last-minute requests;
- Possess a good command of MS Office applications;
- Possess an eye for detail and the ability to work under pressure;
- Be able to work on own initiative, confident and proactive with a high sense of responsibility;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.