Our client in the Healthcare Industry is looking for an Accountant to join their Finance Department team. The chosen candidate will report to the Chief Financial Officer/Financial Controller and will ensure that all postings are accurate and up to date and all tasks are carried out that will allow management and final accounts to be issued in a timely manner. The accountant will also ensure the smooth running of the day-to-day department activities.
- The preparation of monthly management accounts in a timely and accurate manner;
- Liaising with banks, auditors, other service providers;
- Assisting in the audit field-work of the Group;
- Managing income tax and VAT submissions;
- Participating in internal projects, as assigned by senior management;
- Liaising with the department Head, as necessary;
- Preparing timely monthly reports and monthly graphical reports of company and departmental performance;
- Reviewing of bank reconciliation and unpresented cheques;
- Maintaining a professional approach at all times when representing the company with creditors, debtors, financial and legal institutions;
- Performing other duties, as may be reasonably assigned from time to time by senior management;
Education & Experience:
- A fully qualified accountant or in the final stages of achieving their ACCA qualifications.
- Previous local experience in a similar position.
- Is proficient in Excel and Accounting software.
- Excellent communications skills in both English and Maltese
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-oriented.