Inspire Foundation in Malta is currently looking to recruit an Accountant to join their team on a full-time basis.
General Scope and Purpose of Position:
The selected candidate shall be responsible for financial reporting, bookkeeping, and managing end of month journals and payments across our organization. They shall work closely with both internal stakeholders as well as external partners, in delivering best-in-class service, to a flexible and demanding environment. The selected candidate shall be working closely with the CFO to ensure adequate support for the accounting operations in order to meet the organization’s targets. Additionally, they shall be preparing reconciliations, budgets, and forecasts, together with the respective analysis. This is the right opportunity for someone who is well organized and adheres to tight deadlines.
Qualification & Experience Requirements
- Experience of Maltese GAAPs, main tax, and bookkeeping formalities;
- Fluent in accounting acumen, hold a strong understanding of accounting needs and key risk factors in order to pre-empt stakeholders needs;
- Preferably with two to four years’ experience working in a similar position;
- Must be in possession of a university degree in Accounting or the ACCA / ACA certification or be in the final stages of attaining such qualifications;
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills and a good grasp of current management information systems;
- Must be fluent in English and ideally also in Maltese;
- Being proactive in addressing internal and external situations and developing solutions for discussion and execution;
- A team player with strong interpersonal, communication, and project management skills;
- Have a positive, can-do attitude with a strong work ethic.
*Prior to being recruited and throughout the duration of employment, the selected candidates need to satisfy the requirements of the Protection of Minors Act (POMA) together with those of immunization.
Inspire provides a holistic range of services and programs to children and adults with a disability.