Calamatta Cuschieri Investment Services Ltd in Malta is currently looking to recruit an Accountant to join their team on a full-time basis.
We are committed to attracting and selecting top people to join our team. We are also committed to creating a workplace that encourages individual growth; we value our people and their wellbeing.
Summary of Role:
The Accountant will be responsible for handling the day to day accounting and bookkeeping duties as well as handling regulatory reporting and preparation of monthly management accounts. The accountant will also be required to assist in documenting and updating internal processes and procedures as well as liaise with Auditors.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Experience & Education Requirements:
- Handling of day to day accounting and bookkeeping;
- Preparing monthly management accounts;
- Compile monthly, quarterly, and annual regulatory reports;
- Providing assistance with the intra-group recharges;
- Providing IFRS accounting expertise;
- Providing SUN administration assistance and booking of accounting entries;
- Liaising with the auditors;
- Assist in documenting and updating internal process and procedures to enhance the Company’s controls and workflows;
- Prepare and review annual, semi-annual and quarterly financial statements in accordance with GAAP or IFRS, as required;
- Compile and advise on monthly, quarterly, and annual regulatory reports;
- Keeping well-informed of the regulatory changes and impact they might have on the Company;
- Assisting in any other ad-hoc reporting as it may be required.
- Be in possession of Accounting qualification, ACCA qualification or similar. A partly qualified accountant who is at his/her final stages of achieving their certification will also be considered;
- Previous work experience within a similar role (experience in reporting would be considered an asset);
- Strong analytical and accounting skills;
- Advanced experience with MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook;
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of major accounting software packages.
- Be able to work under pressure to meet tight reporting deadlines;
- Be highly organised, proactive, and able to work on own initiative;
- Be proficient in Microsoft Excel;
- Have excellent communication skills and be able to work in a dynamic environment;
- Present a friendly, outgoing, and positive attitude.
We are offering a competitive salary for this role commensurate with experience. The role also includes Health Insurance & Gym allowance benefits amongst others.
Calamatta Cuschieri Investment Services Ltd:
Calamatta Cuschieri is Malta's leading financial services firm. The company pioneered the local industry in 1972 and offers a full range of services including Live Online Trading & Independent Investment Advice, Saving Plans, Investment Management Services & Discretionary Portfolio services.