AX Head Office in Malta is looking to recruit IT Systems Administrator (Hardware/Infrastructure) to join their team on a full-time basis. The ideal candidate will be reporting to the Head of Department. S/he will assist and oversee the IT server infrastructure, network environments and eager to learn new technologies.
- Provide general desktop support, the configuration of Windows applications, troubleshooting, and repair of hardware and software systems;
- Assisting with the installation and maintenance of servers, workstations and related computing environments including computer hardware, VOIP (3CX) systems and other technologies;
- Assisting with the installation, configuration, monitoring, and maintenance of all business applications, antivirus, and backup solutions;
- Site to Site and Client VPN Design and Configuration (Cisco and Mikrotik);
- Providing training to end-users on all applications software;
- Interact with customers and staff at the technical level, as required;
- Systems Administration, Monitoring and Security.
AX Head Office:
AX started in 1975 in construction. The company was awarded a couple of landmark building and civil engineering contracts and by mid-eighties, it was already a well-established construction company with Malta’s largest hard rock quarry, the largest pre-cast and pre-stressed concrete plant on the island. Development was a natural diversification for the company. AX group developed individual terraced houses, large scale residential blocks, office blocks, hotels, restaurants. And in 1982 AX ventured into hospitality with AX Sunny Coast 4-star complex in Qawra being its first investment. And soon after the Group inaugurated the largest hotel in Malta, the 4-star AX The Seashells at Suncrest Hotel. Today AX hotels manage 6 hotels including the 4-star AX The Victoria Hotel, a 200 year Palazzo Capua and 5-star city designer hotel in Sliema – AX The Palace. In 2017 AX hotels launched its lasts edition – AX The Saint John Boutique Hotel in Valletta and in 2019 they will be opening one more in Merchant Street. In 2015 AX Group launched the first retirement village on the island redefining the later lifestyle with the luxurious Hilltop Gardens and Simblija Care home in Naxxar. Today the AX Group of companies is a household name in Malta. It’s synonymous to landmark constructions and developments such as the superstructure Parliament in Valletta or restorations like the Birgu ditches. It’s a shareholder in the Valletta Cruise port and Valletta Waterfront and plans to launch the UNESCO approved tunnel underneath Valletta connecting Birgu and Sliema in the coming years.
- Microsoft Certification (MCSE) or equivalent certification in relevant programs desired;
- Knowledge of Windows Server (2008/2012/2016) and latest desktop Operating Systems;
- Able to manage a Windows Server infrastructure and deployments;
- Knowledgeable in server virtualization technologies like VMWare Server/ESX or Microsoft HyperV/Virtual Server;
- A solid understanding of LAN/WAN networking;
- Extremely proficient with troubleshooting hardware, software, operating systems, and network issues;
- Good communication and documentation skills;
- Flexible and able to adapt to a rapidly changing environment;
- Must be organised and have the ability to assist in different projects;
- Positive, self-motivated individual who can complete tasks independently;
- Must be a team player.