SMS Group Ltd, Malta is looking to recruit an IT Support Officer
to join their team on a full-time basis. In this role, you will be responsible for 1st line support of end-users, locally and internationally. The person applying for this post should be well-organized with excellent troubleshooting skills and an eye for detail.
IT Support Officer Responsibilities:
IT Support Officer's Skills and Experience:
- The configuration of Windows and Office applications
- Troubleshooting user issues and repair of hardware and software systems
- Data backups
- Assist end-users with day-to-day queries
- Creation of mailboxes and managing accounts using Office365 tools
- General Desktop, mobile and telephone / VOIP setups and support
- Setup, support and maintain printers and multi-function machines
- Workstations and laptops system patching
- Managing the IT Support Portal, incident logging and resolving tasks on time to maintain the agreed service level agreement and response times
- Dealing with third parties on certain issues
- Escalating issues to 2nd line technical support staff if required.
- Basic understanding of servers and network systems
- Knowledge in Windows and Linux environments
- Knowledge of TCP/IP
- Knowledge of Active Directory, DNS and Group Policy Management
- Basic understanding of server virtualization technologies
- Good Documentation skills
- Provide regular status updates to the IT Manager and the IT Operations team
- Ability to work under pressure and part of a team
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Currently living in Malta.
The person will be part of an on-call roster for out of office emergency support.
SMS Group Ltd:
SMS is one of the longest established groups of companies in Malta, having its roots in the shipping business. Notwithstanding the fact that SMS has been successful in retaining its core traditional values for professionalism and ethical standards, it continues to be at the cutting edge of innovation and diversification. It is on this basis that SMS has developed from a shipping agency to a large group of companies employing some 300 persons active in travel, tourism, insurance, hotels (ownership and management), airfreight, ship registration and financial services, as well as general trading.