One of our clients, a leader within the financial services industry in Malta is seeking to recruit an IT Security Technician to join their team on a full-time basis.
- Develop and implement security architectures that meet requirements in alignment with guidelines, balancing security, cost, and user experience;
- Implement & operate security-related controls and solutions as required by Security management and Corporate guidelines;
- Conducting risk assessments;
- Assist with compliance in regulation such as GDPR;
- Review user management systems and any upgrades of platforms of IT security solutions;
- Monitor regularly security risks;
- Support business areas within the existing system.
- Degree in Computer Studies or equivalent; Advanced degree and/or additional education and training beyond a bachelor would be an asset;
- 2+ years’ experience in Information Technology;
- Any experience in information security architecture, design, development, implementation, and administration in private or public sectors would be considered an asset.
- SSCP, CISA or equivalent information security certification highly desired;
- Experience in a similar role would be considered an asset;
- Good written and oral communication in English and Maltese;
- Any level of Spanish is considered an asset.
Paragon Europe is an innovative, international EU affairs, advisory, recruitment & compliance company with head offices in Malta and Brussels. From its inception, Paragon Europe has striven to realise excellence by competing with cutting edge peers in the ultra-competitive market of EU funding. Paragon Europe works with both private and public organisations, NGOs, universities, educational institutes and agencies offering various services related to European funded programmes such as Horizon 2020, Erasmus+, Youth Workers, COSME, PON/POR and more to supply the best workforce possible.
- Meticulous with a keen eye for detail;
- Problem solver with a can-do attitude;
- Experience with security systems such as firewalls, IDS/IPS, content filtering, antivirus, encryption technologies, data and systems integrity controls,
- Technical experience in design and troubleshooting Internet services including, but not limited to, DNS, LDAP, FTP, HTTP and Web services, SMTP and POP protocols, TCP/IP Communications, Networking, DNS, etc.