Job Vacancy: IT Enterprise Architect within Information and Communication Technologies within the IT governance & planning team.
About Information and Communication Technologies:
The Information and Communication Technologies function is responsible for all information systems and IT operations at the MFSA.
The selected candidate shall report to the IT Governance & Planning Manager and shall be responsible for aligning and driving IT enterprise architecture towards business goals and IT strategies. The primary job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Being responsible for aligning and driving IT enterprise architecture towards business goals and IT strategy by looking at the organisation across all domains from the perspective of performance, security, data, infrastructure and applications;
- Ensures adoptions of standards, policies and compliance in IT including infrastructure and systems, cybersecurity, regulatory and legal requirements, engaging with relevant expertise, functions and stakeholders as necessary in the organisation;
- Ensures alignment between business and functional IT experts to translate business demands into capabilities that can be implemented cost-effectively, predictably managed, and reliably controlled according to the enterprise architecture target state;
- Actively participating in EU ICT Fora and Working Groups and works with the IT organisation and across other functions to ensure a coordinated and planned approach towards policy development or adoption of IT related matters;
- RegTech and SupTech champion for the IT governance at the Authority, working closely with other functions and stakeholders to drive innovation and supervisory operational effectiveness.
Other important information:
- We are looking for candidates with a solid academic background in ICT, strong report writing capabilities, as well as being knowledgeable and well up-to-date with IT enterprise architecture. Work experience with diverse technology platforms and IT consultancy is considered an asset;
- The role calls for an academic qualification in computer science or an information sciences-related field at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level. A post-graduate qualification at MQF Level 7 is preferred;
- You will possess a minimum of five (5) years of experience working in information technologies, with extensive knowledge of network and computer infrastructure, and information/application systems, preferably also having working experience in hybrid cloud environments. A minimum of three (3) years of experience within solution design and architecture is also called for. Candidates with longer working experience relevant to the role will be preferred;
- If you do not have the necessary academic or professional qualifications but you have at least eight (8) years of relevant experience, we would still be interested in speaking with you.
The MFSA is an Equal Opportunities Employer as certified by the NCPE (National Commission for the Protection of Equality) and is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and will take care to avoid any form of discrimination in its recruitment procedures. The MFSA reserves the right to withdraw this call at any time and not to select any of the Candidates.
It is the responsibility of applicants in possession of qualifications awarded by Universities and other similar institutions outside Malta to produce a recognition statement on comparability of qualifications issued by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC). Applicants should do so preferably at the application stage or otherwise at the preliminary interview should an applicant be selected for such an interview. Details can be obtained by accessing the National Commission for Further and Higher Education website on www.ncfhe.org.mt under MQRIC heading.
The MFSA shall ensure that any processing of personal data is in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation), the Data Protection Act (Chapter 586 of the Laws of Malta) and any other relevant European Union and national law. For further details, you may refer to the Data Protection Policy on the MFSA.
Candidates are to note that the submission of any false statement/s or omission, even if unintended, may lead to the cancellation of their application and may render the candidate’s appointment liable to termination.
Furthermore, please note that candidates may be asked to submit any documentation in support of the information provided, including but not limited to, proof of qualifications and Police Conduct Certificates.
Malta Financial Services Authority:
The Malta Financial Services Authority (MFSA) is the single regulator for financial services in Malta. It was established by law on 23 July 2002 taking over supervisory functions previously carried out by the Central Bank of Malta, the Malta Stock Exchange and the Malta Financial Services Centre. The Authority is a fully autonomous public institution and reports to Parliament on an annual basis.