International Logistics and Operations Officer
In the role of an International Logistics and Operations Officer you will work closely to the Trade Operations Officer and will report directly to the Head of Shipping. Your main responsibilities will include:-
- Own all aspects of international carrier management to ensure cost-effective, consistently acceptable service is maintained
- Recommend and implement approved cost and transit time improvements
- Oversee daily operations of forwarders for freight movements
- Arrange rail deliveries, flexi tanks, iso tanks and liquid trucks
- Negotiate and set international transportation rates with shipping lanes and maintain a database of rates for purchasing leverage across the enterprise
- Establish and use tools to monitor and track performance (EDI, routing, lead time, cost optimization)
- Support Traders with services that include expediting time sensitive cargo, cargo visibility tools, excellent communication protocols, etc.
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, gather and analyze information skillfully, work well in group problem solving situations and offer solutions.
- Support with ad hoc operational matters
Education and Experience
- Qualification in Business, Logistics, Supply Chain, Transportation or related field required
- At least 2 to 3 years’ experience level involved with logistics, supply chain, or transportation required;
- High degree of proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint), web-based, and Windows based software
- An excellent command of both written and spoken English. Knowledge of Russian would be considered an asset
- Solid understanding of International logistics and physical flows.
- Demonstrate strong communication, planning and organisation skills
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and be customer focused and target-oriented
- Be meticulous and able to work on own initiative and under pressure
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams to manage complex logistics
- Be highly self-motivated with ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines within an ever-changing, fast-paced environment
The position of an International Logistics and Operations Officer is within a leading international trading company having part of its operations based in Malta.