As a Claims Handler- Health Claims you will report to the Supervisor -of Health, Travel & Group Life Claims and be responsible for:
- You will provide advice on making a claim and the processes involved
- Process new insurance claims notifications
- Collect accurate information and documents to proceed with a claim
- Analyse a claim made by a policyholder to establish whether it satisfies the policy conditions
- Guide policyholders on how to proceed with the claim
- Identify reasons why a full payment may not be made
- Explain to policyholders when their claim is not covered
- Ensure fair settlement of a valid claim
- Handle any complaints associated with a claim
- Adhere to legal requirements, industry regulations and customer quality standards set by the company.
Experience & Qualifications
- Minimum of secondary level of education
- Preferably holding of a Diploma in Insurance as per The Chartered Insurance Institute (UK) or close to the achievement of this level in the near future
- Negotiation, questioning and decision-making skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service and communication skills and confidence when dealing with people, often in difficult circumstances
- Active listening skills and the ability to work well under pressure
- Initiative and the ability to adapt quickly to different situations.
- Attention to detail and sound report-writing and numeracy skills.
- Knowledge and solid previous experience of the insurance industry in the areas related to personal lines
- Strong IT skills – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Be energetic, positive and outgoing
- Excellent level of both Maltese and English is a must