One of our clients, a leader within the financial services industry in Malta, is looking to recruit a Claims Handler (Personal Lines) to join their team on a full-time basis.
- Provide advice on making a claim and the processes involved;
- Process new insurance claims notifications;
- Collect accurate information and documents to proceed with a claim;
- Analyse a claim made by a policyholder to establish whether it satisfies the policy conditions;
- Guide policyholders on how to proceed with the claim;
- Identify reasons why a full payment may not be made;
- Explain to policyholders when their claim is not covered;
- Contact outsourced experts from our network of approved professionals to assist you in a claim;
- Monitor the progress of a claim;
- Investigate potentially fraudulent claims;
- Liaise with lawyers, as well as other legal and claims professionals, and negotiate the terms of a claim;
- Prepare an initial estimate of costs and then closely monitor and keep a record of costs;
- Ensure fair settlement of a valid claim;
- Ensure the customer is treated fairly and that the customer receives excellent service in accordance with industry and company guidelines;
- Handle any complaints associated with a claim;
- Adhere to legal requirements, industry regulations and customer quality standards set by the company.
- Minimum of secondary level of education, preferably have a Diploma in Insurance or close to the achievement of this level in the near future;
- Work experience related to Personal Lines Claims would be considered an asset;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Maltese and English.
Paragon Europe is an innovative, international EU affairs, advisory, recruitment & compliance company with head offices in Malta and Brussels. From its inception, Paragon Europe has striven to realise excellence by competing with cutting edge peers in the ultra-competitive market of EU funding. Paragon Europe works with both private and public organisations, NGOs, universities, educational institutes and agencies offering various services related to European funded programmes such as Horizon 2020, Erasmus+, Youth Workers, COSME, PON/POR and more to supply the best workforce possible.
- Meticulous with a keen eye for detail;
- Fully conversant with Microsoft Office including PowerPoint;
- Able to work under pressure with minimum supervision.