One of our clients in Malta is looking to recruit an Underwriting Officer to join their team on a full-time basis. The ideal candidate will be reporting to the Senior Manager of Underwriting.
- Undertakes administrative work with regards to quotations relating to new applications, top-ups, policy alterations, reinstatements, point of sales applications, generating reports;
- Checks client’s data and supporting documentation to allow initiation of underwriting process;
- Assesses the need for additional underwriting information such as but not limited to medical, residential, occupation, past time and/or financial status of the client and initiates collation of such information;
- Requests and coordinates with clients or intermediaries to obtain such additional underwriting information as may have been requested by themselves or the CMO/ Senior Underwriters and to ensure that such information is received complete and within the timeframe allowed;
- Assists in the undertaking of evaluation of the applications as per the guidelines set in the Underwriting Procedures Manual and established by re-insurer;
- Assists in consultation as appropriate takes decisions with regards to the underwriting assessment in so far that such decisions are within the parameters laid down;
- Assists in articulating in the Underwriting Summary Sheet or Underwriting Notes a considered opinion of action to be taken by his / her supervisor in the event that the risk decision making parameters exceed those delegated to him/her.
- 2+ years experience in an insurance technical environment;
- Minimum of secondary level of education, preference will be given to applicants with Diploma in Insurance, CII qualification, University Degree or higher;
- Excellent oral and written communication in English;
- Any level of Maltese would be considered an asset;
Paragon Europe is an innovative, international EU affairs, advisory, recruitment & compliance company with head offices in Malta and Brussels. From its inception, Paragon Europe has striven to realise excellence by competing with cutting edge peers in the ultra-competitive market of EU funding. Paragon Europe works with both private and public organisations, NGOs, universities, educational institutes and agencies offering various services related to European funded programmes such as Horizon 2020, Erasmus+, Youth Workers, COSME, PON/POR and more to supply the best workforce possible.
- Meticulous with a keen eye for detail;
- Problem-solver with a can-do attitude;
- Team player with interpersonal skills.